CatBanter

-   -   Tiger has a rough week (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108119)

---MIKE--- July 1st 12 10:00 PM

Tiger has a rough week

It started last Sunday with repeated vomiting. He moaned like he had a
tummy ache and he wouldn't eat. He would stand in the litter box and
try to poop without success (he peed ok). I couldn't get in to the vet
until Wednesday. He had a fever so got an antibiotic shot. They gave
me a supply of Clavomox but I can't get meds into him so it was back for
another shot on Thursday and Friday. He is pooping and eating now and
seems a lot better. The "bad" batch of Wellness didn't help the eating
problem either.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Christina Websell July 1st 12 10:42 PM

Tiger has a rough week

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
It started last Sunday with repeated vomiting. He moaned like he had a
tummy ache and he wouldn't eat. He would stand in the litter box and
try to poop without success (he peed ok). I couldn't get in to the vet
until Wednesday. He had a fever so got an antibiotic shot. They gave
me a supply of Clavomox but I can't get meds into him so it was back for
another shot on Thursday and Friday. He is pooping and eating now and
seems a lot better. The "bad" batch of Wellness didn't help the eating
problem either.

--------
Aww, poor lad. Hope he is soon back to full health.

Bastette July 2nd 12 04:42 AM

Tiger has a rough week

---MIKE--- wrote:

It started last Sunday with repeated vomiting. He moaned like he had a
tummy ache and he wouldn't eat. He would stand in the litter box and
try to poop without success (he peed ok). I couldn't get in to the vet
until Wednesday. He had a fever so got an antibiotic shot. They gave
me a supply of Clavomox but I can't get meds into him so it was back for
another shot on Thursday and Friday. He is pooping and eating now and
seems a lot better. The "bad" batch of Wellness didn't help the eating
problem either.

I'm glad he's doing better!

--
Joyce

Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
worthless human lives. -- Albert Schweitzer

jmcquown[_2_] July 2nd 12 02:22 PM

Tiger has a rough week

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
It started last Sunday with repeated vomiting. He moaned like he had a
tummy ache and he wouldn't eat. He would stand in the litter box and
try to poop without success (he peed ok). I couldn't get in to the vet
until Wednesday. He had a fever so got an antibiotic shot. They gave
me a supply of Clavomox but I can't get meds into him so it was back for
another shot on Thursday and Friday. He is pooping and eating now and
seems a lot better. The "bad" batch of Wellness didn't help the eating
problem either.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I'm glad Tiger is doing better! Is the Clavamox in liquid form or pills? I
found Pill Pockets to be very helpful when I had to pill Persia. Here's a
trick for pilling a cat. Hold the cat in your lap (act casual, give the cat
scritches. Hey cat, I'm just hanging out with you LOL). Drape one arm
around him/her. HOLD the cat. Then pop the pill pocket in her mouth and
hold her mouth shut. Gently blow on the cat's nose. They swallow by reflex
:) The same trick works with liquid medication dispensed from an
eyedropper. BTDT. Continued purrs for Tiger to feel better!

Jill

pat Chlebowski July 2nd 12 07:44 PM

Tiger has a rough week

Glad to hear he is doing better... Keep us posted...