CatBanter

-   -   kitty vs puss (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1930)

Brenda January 23rd 04 11:50 PM

kitty vs puss

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

CK January 24th 04 12:11 AM

Brenda wrote:
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Neither, he doesn't speak English... :D
Laku tends to come when I make a clicking sound in the back of my mouth,
a bit similar to cats' "ack-acking" when they see prey. Laku's learned
to associate my making that sound to possible treats being served. :)

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Sheenah January 24th 04 12:55 AM

"Brenda" wrote in message
I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at

night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response.

However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running,

they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not

sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

I don't think I've ever used such words to call any of my eight (plus
1 lodger). If I want them I call them by name. Those who hear me
calling immediately come running only if they think that what I want
them for may be more interesting than what they're doing. Over the
years I've had many a long wait :^)

Best regards

Sheenah

m. L. Briggs January 24th 04 01:12 AM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:50:28 GMT, "Brenda"
wrote:

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Brenda

TuTu doesn't know she is a cat so she won/t answer to either. I
discovered if I whistle through my teeth I can get a response.
Mostly, she answers to her name -- if she is in the mood.

Hopitus2 January 24th 04 02:42 AM

There is no response from any of the Evil 3 here unless they are called by
their name(s).
"Kissy-noise" gets their attention (!) but I can't imagine BT Rowdy putting
up with being called "puss".....ROFL.

:

badwilson January 24th 04 03:33 AM

"CK" wrote in message
Brenda wrote:
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure

yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

Neither, he doesn't speak English... :D
Laku tends to come when I make a clicking sound in the back of my mouth,
a bit similar to cats' "ack-acking" when they see prey. Laku's learned
to associate my making that sound to possible treats being served. :)

My RB cat Nicky who was outdoor only used to come to that back of the mouth
clicking sound. Vino only comes if you say "Vino...LIZARD!!!" ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Marina January 24th 04 06:23 AM

"Brenda" wrote
I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at night.
If not, I call to them.

When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response. However,
when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come running, they
rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.

Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not sure

yet
about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

I don't use either word, because I speak Swedish to my cats (incidentally,
puss means kiss in Swedish, and kisse means puss), but any word with an s in
it will get their attention. As for calling their names, when I call for
Nikki out on the island, Frank will come running, but rarely Nikki. Frank is
always convinced that if I call for Nikki, there is food in the offing.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Duke of URL January 24th 04 08:22 AM

In ,
Brenda radiated into the
WorldWideWait:

I usually have a cat or two join me as soon as I climb into bed at
night. If not, I call to them.
When I call "here kitty kitty!" I may or may not get a response.
However, when I call "puss puss puss!" all three cats not only come
running, they rush right up to me and start sniffing my face.
Bunter was a "puss," Pea's all "kitty," Emily is both, and I'm not
sure yet about Max. Which do your cats prefer, "kitty" or "puss?"

The sound, no matter HOW faint, of a "treats" bag being opened...

Yowie January 24th 04 11:02 AM

Shmogg has always been a "puss", but I tend to pronounce it somewhere
between "push" and "pu-j", ashe seems to come to respond to it a little
better (ie, whenever what I'm doing may be more interesting than whatever
he's doing)

Yowie

lrulan January 24th 04 01:55 PM

Jazz doesn't understand 'kitty' or 'puss'. He answers to Jazzwazzypoopoo.
Jazz's mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time