CatBanter

-   -   OT New store opened (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=93648)

Matthew[_3_] February 11th 09 03:13 PM

OT New store opened

New Store Opened

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City, where a
woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance
is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value
of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper
may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to
the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first
floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs.

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign
reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good
Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking
and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help
with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the
sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 131,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on
this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible
to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store

Kreisleriana[_2_] February 11th 09 03:45 PM

OT New store opened

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
[...]

No, Matt, that sign is on the *7th* floor. The sign on the 6th floor says "
These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework,
and Have a Strong Romantic Streak, and have heart and brain aneurysms,
ticking time bombs for an early death. You get the kids, the house and all
the $$$."

If you could walk out on that . . . THEN you get the 7th floor. :P

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Matthew[_3_] February 11th 09 03:52 PM

OT New store opened

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak, and have heart and brain
aneurysms, ticking time bombs for an early death. You get the kids, the
house and all the $$$."

If you could walk out on that . . . THEN you get the 7th floor. :P

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

LOL I can agree with that

Charleen Welton February 11th 09 04:08 PM

OT New store opened

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

LOL and then some!

Charleen, who did her shopping 20 years ago this week and picked a winner!!!

jmcquown[_2_] February 11th 09 04:19 PM

OT New store opened

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
New Store Opened

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City, where a
woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance
is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value
of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper
may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to
the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

It's an old joke; still funny but definitely a joke. It assumes all women
want husbands. You can have my ex if you really want him.

Jill

Matthew[_3_] February 11th 09 07:44 PM

OT New store opened

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 10:33 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
[...]

But, Lee, if you didn't see his *last* joke....you have no idea how
much
better this one is! BTW: I do now know what an acer is....seen them
in ads by Dell and HP. You and Granby carry on with entertainment
plans using the "talker", LOL.

raspberry got to give you gals something to hen peck on ;-)

Granby February 11th 09 09:10 PM

OT New store opened

Matthew Dear, do you know what the term BW means? That was great but sweet
tea on the keyboard is not a good idea.