CatBanter

-   -   FluffySP (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7131)

Bev September 15th 04 09:26 PM

FluffySP

Since coming home I have had a bad problem with FSP. She must have
started urinating on the floor while I was away and my continual
attempts to clean it up has resulted in a huge big stain right in the
doorway. Yesterday I got in the carpet shampoo people (at great cost)
and they did the house and managed to get rid of the stain. I watched
Fluff like a hawk but you guessed it, I turned my back for a second and
she rushed back and urinated on the patch where the stain had been.
It's enough to make you cry. I have been to the vet and got pet Odorex,
sprinkled pepper etc. tried a heap of solutions.

The carpet cleaning man said the way to handle urine was to soak it up
slowly with a clean towel and to leave the cloth on the patch to keep
soaking it up until it stops being damp. This stops it soaking into the
carpet. You then put a damp clean cloth on it and keep changing that.

A neighbour called in while I was meditating on all this and said "oh,
there is only one solution, you will have to 'put her down!" You could
have heard me shriek a mile away. I don't know how anyone could even
suggest that as a solution!!!! I just adore the little monster. I guess
the only thing I can do at the moment is leave her outside as much as
possible and watch her every minute she is indoors. Sigh.

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Bev September 15th 04 10:05 PM

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Jo, She refuses to use a litter box. There is one just near the
carpet. I have tossed her into litter boxes and she often uses them
then but won't get in one herself.

Bev

Karen September 15th 04 10:32 PM

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Can you temporarily put a catlitter box in that spot for a while? Or do you
even do litterboxes?(I can't remember). I would put one there for some time,
and maybe add a box elsewhere. Maybe she is objecting to going where B & C
do.