CatBanter

-   -   A Windows Question (OT) (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107659)

jmcquown[_2_] March 30th 12 12:25 PM

A Windows Question (OT)

Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a critical
update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing from my
computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path where I
should put it?

Jill

nik Simpson March 30th 12 03:47 PM

A Windows Question (OT)

On 3/30/2012 6:25 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a
critical update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing
from my computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path
where I should put it?

Jill

Easiest way is to use the System File Checker utility to fix the
problem, details he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Let m e know if you need any help with that.

--
Nik Simpson

dgk March 30th 12 06:02 PM

A Windows Question (OT)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:25:37 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a critical
update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing from my
computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path where I
should put it?

Jill

Try this:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...5-a0ccd3a4a14c

jmcquown[_2_] March 30th 12 06:02 PM

A Windows Question (OT)

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
On 3/30/2012 6:25 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a
critical update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing
from my computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path
where I should put it?

Jill

Easiest way is to use the System File Checker utility to fix the problem,
details he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Let m e know if you need any help with that.

--
Nik Simpson

Yes, I'm having a problem with that. The instructions say to open a command
prompt in administrator mode. I'm not in admin mode. How to I set that?
I'm the only person who uses this PC. When I open a command prompt I get a
DOS screen. Nothing to select.

Jill

Nadia N. March 30th 12 10:56 PM

A Windows Question (OT)

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

This should explain how to open a DOS prompt in administrator mode:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

In general, if a program requires elevated privileges (for example if
you wanted to get to system settings such as user management), you can
open it in administrator mode by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run
as administrator" from the context menu.

Nadia N.
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety

jmcquown[_2_] March 31st 12 12:36 AM

Thanks! (WAS: A Windows Question (OT))

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a
critical update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing
from my computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path where
I should put it?

Jill

Thank you all for your help! Problem solved.

Jill