CatBanter

-   -   Juanita from Furteventura (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110624)

Jack Campin February 1st 14 01:27 AM

Juanita from Furteventura

Cat from the Canary Islands turns up in a shed in Aberdeenshi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-25977638

If the poor little thing got transported from a tropical island to
a north-east Scotland winter I can understand why any shed might do
as a place to get out of the cold.

jmcquown[_2_] February 1st 14 02:18 AM

Juanita from Furteventura

On 1/31/2014 8:27 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
Cat from the Canary Islands turns up in a shed in Aberdeenshi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-25977638

If the poor little thing got transported from a tropical island to
a north-east Scotland winter I can understand why any shed might do
as a place to get out of the cold.

She's microchipped but they can't find her owners! This sentence from
the article is very important: ""We would also remind cat owners to
update their cat's microchip details should they ever move address."

Jill

Lisa Katt[_2_] February 1st 14 03:03 PM

Juanita from Furteventura

"Bastette" skrev i meddelandet
Jack Campin wrote:

Cat from the Canary Islands turns up in a shed in Aberdeenshi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-25977638

If the poor little thing got transported from a tropical island to
a north-east Scotland winter I can understand why any shed might do
as a place to get out of the cold.

I just read that her humans live not too far away from where she was
found, but hadn't updated the microchip data when they moved. She is now
back home with them.

http://news.stv.tv/north/262531-span...y-local-woman/

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

Always good to hear of a story that ends well.
Elisabet

jmcquown[_2_] February 2nd 14 12:49 AM

Juanita from Furteventura

On 2/1/2014 3:37 PM, Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:

Cat from the Canary Islands turns up in a shed in Aberdeenshi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-25977638

If the poor little thing got transported from a tropical island to
a north-east Scotland winter I can understand why any shed might do
as a place to get out of the cold.

I just read that her humans live not too far away from where she was
found, but hadn't updated the microchip data when they moved. She is now
back home with them.

http://news.stv.tv/north/262531-span...y-local-woman/

That's great news! And yet another affirmation: if you move, update the
microchip info! It was one of the first things I did when I brought
Persia from Tennessee to South Carolina.

Jill