CatBanter

-   -   Meet Sonya (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23649)

Gabey8 January 23rd 05 01:46 AM

Ah, mega-purrs for Sonya and her kittens, and for you guys who are taking
care of her and them.

May this be the first post of what becomes a stream of good news about
Sonya & Her Family. :o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Mischief January 23rd 05 02:23 AM

Oh man, I could never foster a pregnant mommy. I would be a nervous
wreck!! and not to mention I would want to keep all of them.

I am guessing 6 kittens, by Tuesday.

BTW, how is the rest of your animal menagerie reacting to this?

Kristi

Seanette Blaylock January 23rd 05 03:09 AM

Tanada had some very interesting things
to say about Meet Sonya:

So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

Five kittens, Sunday night.

Pat January 23rd 05 04:46 AM

Four kittens, late Monday night. Be on the watch, I've seen many mamacats
lose the firstborn of the first litter, because it takes them a little too
long to figure out what to do (tear off the sack and make it breathe)
especially with kitten #2 on the way out at the same time.

Tanada January 23rd 05 05:10 AM

Mischief wrote:

Oh man, I could never foster a pregnant mommy. I would be a nervous
wreck!! and not to mention I would want to keep all of them.

I am guessing 6 kittens, by Tuesday.

BTW, how is the rest of your animal menagerie reacting to this?

Pine Cone is pouting because Mike reminded him that Penny thought he was
a bad influence on kittens and would attack him any time he even looked
in their direction, but would let the rest of the cats hang out with her
four. Since Mandy's door is being kept closed, PC couldn't be in there
anyway.

Speedy has been whining at the door off and on since this afternoon. He
knows the cat is in there, he can smell her, but no one will let him in
to play with her. She is terrified of him and bristles up whenever she
hears him whining at the door. We keep re-assuring her that we won't
let the d-thing get her.

The rest of the cats could care less. She's here and so what.

Pam S.

Marina January 23rd 05 05:22 AM

Tanada wrote:

Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any moment.

Aww, you got a pregnant one. I'm jealous of all that kitten cuteness you
will get to enjoy (reminds me I haven't visited my niece in some time).
I'm bad at guessing this kind of thing, but knowing that cat mamas can
hold their kittens in if they think it might not be safe to give birth,
I'd say she's going to delay them for some days, let's say until
Tuesday. 5 kittens.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina January 23rd 05 05:24 AM

Jo Firey wrote:

My bet is four kittens and sometime between midnight and dawn Monday
morning.

And Mandy will have a fit if she sleeps through it.

I'll never forget when I was around ten and our cat Thompson had kittens
in my bed in the middle of the night. I was awake, and I rushed in to my
parents' bedroom after each kitten, excitedly telling them what colour
this latest one was and rushing back in my room. Finally, Mum told me to
just go back to sleep. Of course, I couldn't. I just sat and watched
Thompson and her kittens.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Jo Firey January 23rd 05 06:35 AM

"Pat" wrote in message
Four kittens, late Monday night. Be on the watch, I've seen many mamacats
lose the firstborn of the first litter, because it takes them a little too
long to figure out what to do (tear off the sack and make it breathe)
especially with kitten #2 on the way out at the same time.

Yes, you have to be prepared to do that for her if she get distracted by
delivering the next one. Just tear it away from their face and rub them
gently from head to tail. Sometimes gently blowing in their face will get
them to breathe.

Then again it can be enough to just put the ignored kitten by her face so
she sees and smells it.

Jo

Krista January 23rd 05 09:52 AM

Tanada wrote:
Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any

moment.
(snippage)

Awww, congratulations! Lula sends special mamacat purrs to Sonya, and
reassuring vibes about the human babysitters. She'll find it very
convenient, Lula knows. ;-)

I vote for 5 kittens on Sunday, which is Hubie's half-birthday.
------
Krista