CatBanter

-   -   Fat cat to be "featured" on Ripley's (=my idea of abuse) (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68164)

MaryL March 25th 06 03:21 PM

Fat cat to be "featured" on Ripley's (=my idea of abuse)

Please look at this page: http://tinyurl.com/krqwr

The article describes a cat that is between 46 and 50 pounds and "boasts a
thickset 33-inch waistline." He eats 30 pounds of food each week! The
owner claims that he is healthy, despite remarks that "he's a waddler" and
"not much for running." They brush him and have to use baby wipes to clean
him because he is so fat that he cannot clean himself. Unfortunately, he is
declawed -- and they seem to blame that (and having him "fixed") for his
overeating.

The reason I am writing is that he is a contender for the world's fattest
feline. He is going to be featured on "Ripley's Beliee It or Not," and a
video has been sent to "America's Funniest Home Videos" with the hope that
he will win the big prize. I consider this to be animal abuse. It is not
"funny" or "contest-worthy."

I am going to write a message of protest to Ripley's. They should not be
glorifying this type of abuse and just plain idiocy. If any of you would
like to join me, a message can be sent to this address:

MaryL