CatBanter

-   -   New toys on the way (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66058)

[email protected] January 3rd 06 05:45 PM

New toys on the way

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

CatNipped January 3rd 06 05:56 PM

New toys on the way

wrote in message
oups.com...
Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

We had one that made the rounds here on rpca about a year ago. Kitties were
either afraid of it or totally disinterested. I think it went first to
Victor, then to me, then I sent it along to someone else. But as we all
know, with cats, *nothing* is ever certain when it comes to what they like.
Let us know how Otis likes his.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Karen January 3rd 06 07:29 PM

New toys on the way

So far, only one of Pat's cats (I think I remember this right) has liked it.
However, you never know.

oups.com...

[email protected] January 3rd 06 07:40 PM

New toys on the way

Drat, I should have asked you before I ordered it and paid for it, well
let's hope he likes it, his latest thing is attacking the dining room
window when the screensaver at home (an aquarium) reflects onto it,
trouble is the heater's just underneath the window and I worry about
him burning himself. Mind you, my house is quite cold at the moment (v
long story shan't bore you with it here), and I found him in my
bedroom, with his face pressed on to the heater.

Christine K. January 3rd 06 07:44 PM

New toys on the way

wrote:
Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

The best cat toys in this household have not been the ones especially
bought for that purpose. Nico can spend ages batting around the plastic
"egg" that came with a chocolate easter-egg (inside it, actually,
holding the surprise gift). The good thing with that egg is, that it
doesn't roll in a straight line, so it "puts up more of a fight", I
guess... :) He also plays with the separate halves of that egg, and can
at times be seen carrying one half around in his mouth - looking like he
was wearing a cup over his nose. :D

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Dan M January 3rd 06 07:55 PM

New toys on the way

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:45:38 -0800, mlabofski wrote:

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

I got one in the office gift exchange. Ranger likes it but is still
a little timid around it, Sammy and Tabitha are a little afraid of it,
Amelia and Cleopatra couldn't care less, and Harri loves to beat it up.

[email protected] January 3rd 06 10:13 PM

New toys on the way

wrote:

Drat, I should have asked you before I ordered it and paid for it, well
let's hope he likes it

You can always send it to Pat if he doesn't. :)

Joyce

[email protected] January 3rd 06 10:27 PM

New toys on the way

wrote:
Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

I bought one of the grandcats a "Thing in a Bag" and it didn't go over
too well. I thought it would jump around like something was in it, but
it just kind of sits there and vibrates. It piqued their interest for
about 10 seconds, then that was it. Biskit was afraid of it.
Now I wonder if mine didn't work the way it was supposed to. Let me
know what yours does when you get it!

Sherry

dopekitty January 4th 06 10:04 PM

New toys on the way

CatNipped wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

We had one that made the rounds here on rpca about a year ago. Kitties were
either afraid of it or totally disinterested. I think it went first to
Victor, then to me, then I sent it along to someone else. But as we all
know, with cats, *nothing* is ever certain when it comes to what they like.
Let us know how Otis likes his.

And, iirc, the Cypurr mouse was another such Unopposable thumbs down. I
bought one for my cats and all they did was either stare at it like it
was too lowly of an object to even consider chasing, or run away in
panic. I recall many other posters who tried it having similar results.

Kristy

dopekitty January 4th 06 10:06 PM

New toys on the way

Christine K. wrote:
wrote:

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

The best cat toys in this household have not been the ones especially
bought for that purpose. Nico can spend ages batting around the plastic
"egg" that came with a chocolate easter-egg (inside it, actually,
holding the surprise gift). The good thing with that egg is, that it
doesn't roll in a straight line, so it "puts up more of a fight", I
guess... :) He also plays with the separate halves of that egg, and can
at times be seen carrying one half around in his mouth - looking like he
was wearing a cup over his nose. :D

Ahhh like Kinder Surprise eggs! Yes, those are a great favorite, as are
milk jug rings (found on gallon jugs) and the pull piece on frozen
concentrated juice cans. Tygra also enjoys playing with an elastic
hairband (same as pony tail holders, but much wider and larger of a
circle) and the laser pointer red dot greebling (Possum cares not for
the red dot greebling and steadfastly ignores it.

Kristy