CatBanter

-   -   the nurse with an iron paw (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110339)

Jack Campin December 4th 13 05:27 PM

the nurse with an iron paw

I spent yesterday in bed with labyrinthitis - which means you can't
move your head at all or everything spins round for a minute. Chloe
decided to help by planting herself full length on my chest and
purring point-blank into my face. With occasional visits from Ollie
and Marblecake pinioning one arm or the other, I felt a bit like
Gulliver waking up in Lilliput to find himself staked to the ground.
Kept the dizzy spells at bay, though.

Bastette December 5th 13 03:02 AM

the nurse with an iron paw

Jack Campin wrote:

I spent yesterday in bed with labyrinthitis - which means you can't
move your head at all or everything spins round for a minute.

That sounds like what we (on our side of the pond) call vertigo. Is it
the same thing? Sounds pretty miserable whatever you call it!

Chloe
decided to help by planting herself full length on my chest and
purring point-blank into my face. With occasional visits from Ollie
and Marblecake pinioning one arm or the other, I felt a bit like
Gulliver waking up in Lilliput to find himself staked to the ground.
Kept the dizzy spells at bay, though.

I agree with Judith - they were performing the essential service of keeping
you still. Hope it's better now!

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Green

Jack Campin December 12th 13 01:05 AM

the nurse with an iron paw

I spent yesterday in bed with labyrinthitis - which means you can't
move your head at all or everything spins round for a minute.

That sounds like what we (on our side of the pond) call vertigo.

Vertigo is the symptom, labyrinthitis is the explanation (inflammation
of the inner ear caused by infection).

In this case it was mild and probably viral. There seems to be a local
epidemic of it, Marion's gym teacher got it a couple of days later,
exactly the same symptoms as mine.

Some kinds of labyrinthitis can be permanently and severely disabling,
sometimes leading to meningitis. Mine was nothing like that.