CatBanter

-   -   Purrs for Dan and Crystal (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4710)

Yoj June 23rd 04 08:04 AM

Purrs for Dan and Crystal

My son Dan called me this evening, just as I was getting ready to eat my
dinner. All he said was Hi, but I could tell something was wrong. He
was worrying about his cat, Crystal. He said she seemed awfully weak.
He wasn't very specific about what was wrong, but he broke down and had
to say he'd call me later.

Crystal is 16 years old, and has had some problems. She was checked two
months ago, and the doctor said she wasn't in any immediate danger, but
at that age, it doesn't take much. When he called back he said he was
thinking about taking her to the emergency vet, but he was afraid of
what they'd say.

I decided I'd better go over. He lives about 35 miles from me. For one
thing, he hadn't had any dinner, and for another, I figure he'd need
some moral support. Also, if he did decide to take her in, I figured I
could drive so he could hold her.

I picked him up something to eat and went over there. The poor little
thing looks like a caricature. She's a Persian whose fur gets really
matted. She's recently been shaved, and she's really skinny. She looks
like a stick figure with a big, funny face. She can walk around, but
she's very feeble. She acts hungry, but only eats a bite or two at a
time. I convinced Dan that taking her in was probably a good idea. He
had been debating about doing it tonight or waiting until morning. He
decided to take her, but couldn't make the call himself. When I called,
they said to bring her in, but warned there would be a two-hour wait.

After much thought and discussion, we decided that she didn't seem to be
that uncomfortable, and making her sit in a waiting room full of other
animals wouldn't make her feel any better, so he decided he'll take her
in the morning, and I came home. She seems so feeble, maybe she'll take
the decision out of his hands, but you never know. I'd have offered to
go over in the morning to drive him, but I'm picking up a cancer patient
at 8:45, so that's out.

Anyway, I know people here will understand, and Dan and Crystal can use
your purrs.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers June 23rd 04 08:10 AM

Many purrs for Crystal & Dan

helen s

**$om $

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers June 23rd 04 08:10 AM

Many purrs for Crystal & Dan

helen s

**$om $

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers June 23rd 04 08:10 AM

Many purrs for Crystal & Dan

helen s

**$om $

lrulan June 23rd 04 08:26 AM

We will purr and pray for Crystal and Dan. We are sure whatever decision he
makes is the right one. Hope Crystal is comfortable whatever happens.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

ink.net...

Helen Wheels June 23rd 04 08:29 AM

Yoj wrote:
snip

Anyway, I know people here will understand, and Dan and Crystal can use
your purrs.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter