CatBanter

-   -   Why, you nincompoop! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2441)

[email protected] March 19th 04 10:26 AM

Why, you nincompoop!

Tonight Roxy and Licorice were sitting on a high shelf, staring intently
upward. It seems there was a small insect crawling on the ceiling. Roxy
had her paw extended and was batting gently at the small black spot.
Suddenly, Licky stuck his nose up and sniffed the bug, causing it to fall
off the ceiling and down to the floor - and out of their reach. Roxy
responded by grabbing Licky's head with both paws and rather angrily
biting one of his ears. I swear, she looked for all the world like Moe
bopping Larry on the head for doing something stupid!

Joyce

Kreisleriana March 19th 04 02:43 PM

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:26:03 GMT, yodeled:

Tonight Roxy and Licorice were sitting on a high shelf, staring intently
upward. It seems there was a small insect crawling on the ceiling. Roxy
had her paw extended and was batting gently at the small black spot.
Suddenly, Licky stuck his nose up and sniffed the bug, causing it to fall
off the ceiling and down to the floor - and out of their reach. Roxy
responded by grabbing Licky's head with both paws and rather angrily
biting one of his ears. I swear, she looked for all the world like Moe
bopping Larry on the head for doing something stupid!

Joyce

Soitenly!

Stinky came into a household with a reigning cat, Mimi (RB), who
looked exactly like a little nun. Even when he grew to several times
her size, she would still whack him on the head whenever she thought
he was getting too goofy (which was often).

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

lrulan March 19th 04 03:08 PM

LOL! That's a good story, got me laughing at the keyboard. :)
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Duke of URL March 19th 04 04:31 PM

In ,
radiated into
the WorldWideWait:

Tonight Roxy and Licorice were sitting on a high shelf, staring
intently upward. It seems there was a small insect crawling on the
ceiling. Roxy had her paw extended and was batting gently at the
small black spot. Suddenly, Licky stuck his nose up and sniffed the
bug, causing it to fall off the ceiling and down to the floor - and
out of their reach. Roxy responded by grabbing Licky's head with
both paws and rather angrily biting one of his ears. I swear, she
looked for all the world like Moe bopping Larry on the head for
doing something stupid!

Nyuck nyuck nyuck...
--
From the one-and-only Holy MosesĀ®

Steve Touchstone March 20th 04 01:14 AM

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:26:03 GMT, wrote:

Tonight Roxy and Licorice were sitting on a high shelf, staring intently
upward. It seems there was a small insect crawling on the ceiling. Roxy
had her paw extended and was batting gently at the small black spot.
Suddenly, Licky stuck his nose up and sniffed the bug, causing it to fall
off the ceiling and down to the floor - and out of their reach. Roxy
responded by grabbing Licky's head with both paws and rather angrily
biting one of his ears. I swear, she looked for all the world like Moe
bopping Larry on the head for doing something stupid!

Joyce

And of course Roxy was saying something along the line of "Stoopid
kid-cats, just do what I do and maybe some day, in the far distant
future, you'll learn how to hunt!"

and muttering "But probably not, numbskull"
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

badwilson March 20th 04 03:15 AM

LOL! Too funny :-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

[email protected] March 20th 04 05:20 AM

Steve Touchstone wrote:

And of course Roxy was saying something along the line of "Stoopid
kid-cats, just do what I do and maybe some day, in the far distant
future, you'll learn how to hunt!"

Ha - that'd be rich, coming from Roxy. She's completely clueless as
a hunter. It was just random chance that Licorice happened to be the
one to knock the bug to the floor. Roxy, on the other hand, has done
this several times.

Joyce

JP Hobbs March 21st 04 12:47 PM

Two or three weeks agoWilson was sitting on the corner of the table
nearest the fan he was looking up at it entirely absorbed, suddenly
I thought of that picture of the cat swinging on the fan, and jumped
up to turn the fan off, Wilson immediately changed his attention to
a picture of 4 white kittens that is hung on my wall above the sofa.
he jumped to the back of the sofa and reached up to the pic;
and stretching up started pawing at the bottom part of the frame
ignoring me as I told him to remove himself from there,I watched
him for a while as he travelled from one end of the sofa to the other on
his two back legsand then got my camera out, I snapped off a few pics, and
he tried to lift thecorner of the picture,I had realised by this time that
he had obviously been
watching a fly or something that had moved when I turned its roundabout
off eventually he managed to get his paw under the pic;and it must have
dropped, cause he began looking down on the floor, not seeing it he went
back to messing with my lovely picture, in the proccess tearing the paper
border that runs round the room seperating two colours. Thats when I drew a
halt to his fun, I had a few snaps and some torn wallpaper. Enough! I
found the Large moth*some fly* behind the sofa after Wilson had sulked
and skulked off presumably to bed.it wasn't too badly damaged so I
put it on the veranda wall, and after sticking the border back up, I skulked
off to bed myself, which is where I'm going right now! goodnight Jean.P.