CatBanter

-   -   Dude, I'm Gettin' a Dell (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2759)

Victor Martinez April 14th 04 06:13 PM

Marina wrote:
This was an interesting saying I've never heard before. What exactly does it
mean?

Probably that you're in trouble?

Victor, who is also unfamiliar with this expression... :)

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

GraceCat April 14th 04 06:16 PM

I've always heard it as high cotton. Here... at least, in Louisiana, it
means on top of the world... nothing could be better, life is good. Most
of the time, I hear a "Hot Damn!" in conjunction to high cotton.

Gosh, talk about replacing one xpression with another :)

Grace

"Marina" wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote
(But then again, I'll think I'm in tall
cotton after using this old one so long)

This was an interesting saying I've never heard before. What exactly

does it
mean?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Karen April 14th 04 06:22 PM

I think it means, living high on the hog. Nothing could be better. I suppose
it relates back to if your cotton crop was doing really well, you'd have a
great financial year, be well respected etc..

Karen

John Biltz April 14th 04 09:05 PM

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:56:34 -0700, Karen Chuplis wrote
(in article ):

in article , MaryL at
AKE-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote on 4/14/04 5:02 AM:

I agree with MaryL about the RAM. It's usually the one thing you wish you
had.

Its cheaper to buy it yourself. Generally, with manufacturers like Dell,
HP, Gateway and most of all Apple it will cost you 2 to 3 times as much.
If you buy it at a reseller then its a different story they will give you
what you ask for in terms of price.

John Biltz April 14th 04 09:10 PM

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:03:09 -0700, Adrian wrote
(in article ):

Sherry wrote:
Whoa. I'm getting a new computer for my birthday. I'm so excited.
(Even though it's just a cheapo Dell)....BUT I now have a circa 1996
Packard Bell, with Windows 95. I can't open half the websites people
post, and if I do, it takes forever (if the thing doesn't just lock
up). Forget animated things, and the sound is iffy.

All I use a computer for is internet surfing and keeping up the
little mailing list/newsletter labels for the Humane Society
newsletter, so I never could really justify buying a new one.

Does anyone know, is there any reason I should buy the upgrade and
get Windows XP Professional instead of Windows XP home?

Sherry

Congratulations on the new computer. It's probaly not worth upgrading to
proffesional, it's supposed to be more secure, but Service Pack 2 is set to
be released in June which will have among other things, security
enhancements.

Wasn't service pack 2 supposed to be released back in January?

Hopitus2 April 14th 04 10:08 PM

Yes, Gracie is right....a deep south expression equalling "hog heaven"......

:
: Gosh, talk about replacing one xpression with another :)
:
: Grace
:
: "Marina" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Sherry " wrote
: (But then again, I'll think I'm in tall
: cotton after using this old one so long)
:
: This was an interesting saying I've never heard before. What exactly
: does it
: mean?
:
: --
: Marina, Frank and Nikki
: Email marina (dot) kurten (at) pp (dot) inet (dot) fi
: Pics at http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/frankiennikki
:
:
: