CatBanter

-   -   It has come to my attention (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107723)

Christina Websell April 12th 12 08:34 PM

It has come to my attention

That Boyfriend has peed in my bath, so I am taking the litter box upstairs
into the bathroom to see if he will use it up there when he is desperate.
He will not use it, no way, if it's in the kitchen, apparently and he has
pooed three times over the years in the bath.
I don't mind too much as it is easily cleaned up but I wish he would just
use his lb.

Sherry April 13th 12 04:42 AM

It has come to my attention

On Apr 12, 2:34*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
That Boyfriend has peed in my bath, so I am taking the litter box upstairs
into the bathroom to see if he will use it up there when he is desperate.
He will not use it, no way, if it's in the kitchen, apparently and he has
pooed three times over the years in the bath.
I don't mind too much as it is easily cleaned up but I wish he would just
use his lb.

Biskit used to use the bath too. I bought her a new covered litterbox
and she
has used it consistently since then, for at least two years! If I had
known the
problem could be solved so easily, I'd have done it a long time ago.

OTOH, I've heard that can be a sign of urinary distress. You might try
to catch
him at it and see if he seems to be straining. Hopefully, he just
prefers the location
of the bathroom. Maybe he perceives it as more private and the high
sides of the
bath make him feel secure or something. Good luck!

Sherry

Marina April 13th 12 06:59 AM

It has come to my attention

On 13.4.2012 3:29, Joy wrote:

It's funny. I've had cats for years, and the first I ever heard of this
'rule of thumb' was here a couple of months ago. I've never had more than
one litter box, and, with the exception of the time I tried the Breeze
System, my cats have always used it.

The extra boxes may be necessary for some cats, since all cats are
different, but I've certainly never found a need for them.

I've had two litterboxes for two cats as long as I can remember. Now I
have three cats but still two litterboxes. They usually pee in the
bigger one and poo in the smaller one. It seems to work fine.

--
Marina, Miranda, Caliban and Viktor.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Christina Websell April 15th 12 04:53 PM

It has come to my attention

wrote:
[...]

---------
I don't think there's anything wrong with him, it only happens if I go to
bed early and get up late and he's shut in overnight - and then only 3 poos
& 1 wee in all the time I've had him. I can't really grumble, it's easily
cleaned.

Tweed

Christina Websell April 15th 12 06:19 PM

It has come to my attention

"Marina" wrote in message
On 13.4.2012 3:29, Joy wrote:

It's funny. I've had cats for years, and the first I ever heard of this
'rule of thumb' was here a couple of months ago. I've never had more
than
one litter box, and, with the exception of the time I tried the Breeze
System, my cats have always used it.

The extra boxes may be necessary for some cats, since all cats are
different, but I've certainly never found a need for them.

I've had two litterboxes for two cats as long as I can remember. Now I
have three cats but still two litterboxes. They usually pee in the bigger
one and poo in the smaller one. It seems to work fine.

Adrian's Shadow preferred to use the outside, like Boyfriend does and I
certainly haven't mentioned to Boyfie anything about "what happened in the
bath?"
I suspect that Boyfie didn't take the opportunity to go when he was out on
an exciting late at night rat patrol, so, rarely, he cannot hold himself
until morning.
His litterbox is moved to the bathroom. He's a fan of weeing on leaves and
earth so that's what has always been in it.
I don't think moving his litterbox upstairs to the bathroom will make much
difference, unless it's closer to the bath.
He only needs to use it in the night, very rarely, and it is equally secret
and safe whatever room it is in if I am asleep.
Tweed

I f

Joy April 15th 12 11:49 PM

It has come to my attention

wrote:
[...]

Yes, there are certainly worse places he could go.

Joy