CatBanter

-   -   Piddle Pants (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5225)

JBHajos July 11th 04 03:46 PM

Piddle Pants

Has anyone here ever heard of, seen, or used Piddle Pants? It's
supposed to be for cats that are incontinent or in heat. I'd read of
a family that was ready to euthanize their older cat because it was
incontinent and was told about Piddle Pants, which saved the day *and*
the cat. They're also alleged to be "cute." I can't imagine what
they look like or how a cat would react but Speckles has periods of
incontinence and I might just look into it.

Jeanne

Annie Wxill July 11th 04 05:08 PM

"JBHajos" wrote in message
Has anyone here ever heard of, seen, or used Piddle Pants? It's
supposed to be for cats that are incontinent or in heat. ...
Jeanne

A Google for "Piddle Pants cat" will provide several links.
They were described in "Catnip," which is published by Tufts University
School of Veterinary Medicine. They resemble a pair of baby overalls with a
diaper inside. The photo had a cat wearing a pair. I suppose the success
would depend on the personality of the cat. Some don't mind getting dressed
and others would not tolerate it at all.
Annie, packing for Sweden and happy dancing

Sherry July 11th 04 06:34 PM

Jeanne, I don't know about cats but Piddle Pants saved the day for a friend of
mine with an old 'cocker spaniel. Sure wouldn't hurt to try.

Sherry

Sherry July 11th 04 06:34 PM

Melissa Houle July 11th 04 07:47 PM

Sherry wrote in message
Jeanne, I don't know about cats but Piddle Pants saved the day for a

friend of
mine with an old 'cocker spaniel. Sure wouldn't hurt to try.

Sherry

Wish I'd known about them when Cesca's water broke. Ah well.. I don't think
she's a "dressing-up" kind of cat, anyway.

Melissa

-L. : July 12th 04 07:18 AM

(JBHajos) wrote in message .. .
Has anyone here ever heard of, seen, or used Piddle Pants? It's
supposed to be for cats that are incontinent or in heat. I'd read of
a family that was ready to euthanize their older cat because it was
incontinent and was told about Piddle Pants, which saved the day *and*
the cat. They're also alleged to be "cute." I can't imagine what
they look like or how a cat would react but Speckles has periods of
incontinence and I might just look into it.

Jeanne

Incontinence can be from lack of estrogen. Have you talked to your vet about it?

-L.