CatBanter

-   -   For all you sci fi freaks (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=90248)

Matthew[_3_] August 8th 08 04:03 AM

For all you sci fi freaks

a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it is
called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

Adrian[_2_] August 8th 08 10:59 AM

For all you sci fi freaks

Matthew wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it
is called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

It's a bit juvenile, I've watched the first two series. BTW it has nothing
to do with the makers of Torchwood.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

wafflycat[_2_] August 8th 08 12:56 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

"Adrian" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it
is called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

It's a bit juvenile, I've watched the first two series. BTW it has nothing
to do with the makers of Torchwood.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

http://www.itv.com/Primeval/
http://primeval.tv/

Been around for a while. Definitely aimed at a more juvenile audience than
Torchwood and no, not made by the makers of Torchwood. It's ok.

Irulan August 8th 08 05:08 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

yup, I've seen both seasons of this series. I
liked it and can't wait for the third season to
start.

Lily & her mama

ng.com...

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Smokie Darling (Annie) August 8th 08 05:38 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 7, 9:03*pm, "Matthew" wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood *it is
called primevil *it got a 4 out 5 star rating

I've a friend in Scotland that absolutely adores this show. I think
it's because she thinks the lead is a doll though G.

Guess I'll have to look and see if I can get it here... Oooh, I can.
She'll be excited, a show I can watch and chat with her about, since
most BBC shows aren't generally shown here for an age. Thanks for
letting me know about it!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Matthew[_3_] August 8th 08 05:43 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

"Adrian" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it
is called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

It's a bit juvenile, I've watched the first two series. BTW it has nothing
to do with the makers of Torchwood.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

I just read that the what they are releasing here this weekend said from
the makers of torchwood. I am looking at the story in the Orlando sentinel

Adrian[_2_] August 8th 08 07:18 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

Matthew wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it
is called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

It's a bit juvenile, I've watched the first two series. BTW it has
nothing to do with the makers of Torchwood.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

I just read that the what they are releasing here this weekend said
from the makers of torchwood. I am looking at the story in the
Orlando sentinel

Don't believe everything you read, it's not even shown on the same network
in the UK, BBC America buy in shows to broadcast there.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Smokie Darling (Annie) August 8th 08 07:26 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 8, 10:43*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

... Matthew wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood *it
is called primevil *it got a 4 out 5 star rating

It's a bit juvenile, I've watched the first two series. BTW it has nothing
to do with the makers of Torchwood.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

I just read that the what they are releasing here this weekend * said from
the makers of torchwood. *I am looking at the story in the Orlando sentinel

Matthew,

It's possible that the article writers were referring to "BBC-America"
bringing the US Torchwood and now Primaeval? At least that'd be my
take on it. Granted, not sure why the writers would think that BBC-
America actually "makes" shows, then again, alot of friends here are
convinced that *the* BBC is the same thing as BBC-America (which it
really isn't).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

wafflycat[_2_] August 8th 08 07:52 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Aug 7, 9:03 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it is
called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

I've a friend in Scotland that absolutely adores this show. I think
it's because she thinks the lead is a doll though G.

Guess I'll have to look and see if I can get it here... Oooh, I can.
She'll be excited, a show I can watch and chat with her about, since
most BBC shows aren't generally shown here for an age. Thanks for
letting me know about it!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

It may be being braodcast by BBC in forn'parts, but it's not made by the
BBC, so in that sense it's not a BBC show. It's made originally for ITV, one
of the bigger independent TV channels over here in the UK.

Smokie Darling (Annie) August 8th 08 10:43 PM

For all you sci fi freaks

On Aug 7, 9:03 pm, "Matthew" wrote:

a new show starts Saturday on the BBC fro themakers of torchwood it is
called primevil it got a 4 out 5 star rating

I've a friend in Scotland that absolutely adores this show. *I think
it's because she thinks the lead is a doll though G.

Guess I'll have to look and see if I can get it here... *Oooh, I can.
She'll be excited, a show I can watch and chat with her about, since
most BBC shows aren't generally shown here for an age. *Thanks for
letting me know about it!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

It may be being braodcast by BBC in forn'parts, but it's not made by the
BBC, so in that sense it's not a BBC show. It's made originally for ITV, one
of the bigger independent TV channels over here in the UK.

I was referring to BBC as a generic term, much as "Xerox" is used as a
generic term for all copies, regardless of the actual machine used to
copy them. Sorry about that.