CatBanter

-   -   [OT] news.individual.net (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68390)

Yowie April 2nd 06 06:07 AM

[OT] news.individual.net

Anyone else having trouble with news.individual.net? It keeps asking me for
my password, but doens't seem to do anything when I give it.

Thanks

Yowie

Susan M April 2nd 06 06:45 AM

[OT] news.individual.net

No - no trouble.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

u...

Marina April 2nd 06 07:09 AM

[OT] news.individual.net

Susan M wrote:
No - no trouble.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...

Anyone else having trouble with news.individual.net? It keeps asking me
for my password, but doens't seem to do anything when I give it.

No trouble here either. Strange.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Yowie April 2nd 06 10:45 PM

[OT] news.individual.net

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Anyone else having trouble with news.individual.net? It keeps asking me
for my password, but doens't seem to do anything when I give it.

Ah, they've e-mailed me. Mya ccount has been suspended, because Firstgate
can't re-bill my credit card, because that credit card no longer exists. So
I'll have to re-register.

Whilst I still have access to newsgroups at home through my ISP, the access
is flaky (which is why I used individual int he first palce) and don't have
access at work until I sort out the finances again. *sigh* I"m not really
impressed with Firstgate's services...

Yowie

Christina Websell April 2nd 06 11:32 PM

[OT] news.individual.net

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Anyone else having trouble with news.individual.net? It keeps asking me
for my password, but doens't seem to do anything when I give it.

Ah, they've e-mailed me. Mya ccount has been suspended, because Firstgate
can't re-bill my credit card, because that credit card no longer exists.
So I'll have to re-register.

Whilst I still have access to newsgroups at home through my ISP, the
access is flaky (which is why I used individual int he first palce) and
don't have access at work until I sort out the finances again. *sigh* I"m
not really impressed with Firstgate's services...

Yowie

I did wonder if I might post to say that the subscription was due to be
renewed on 1st April but decided to not teach my grandmother to suck eggs.
Maybe I should have.
I pay via British Telecom and they mailed me to say they were renewing my
subscription to NIN automatically and to mail back if I didn't want them to.
I'm so glad they did, as I'd forgotten that I needed to at this particular
time and even more so as my ISP have now stopped access to newsgroups. NIN
do not support binaries, but fortunately for me someone is sending me pics
that they think I will be interested in. Thank you, P.

Tweed

Christine K. April 3rd 06 06:07 PM

[OT] news.individual.net

Christina Websell wrote:
snip NIN
do not support binaries, but fortunately for me someone is sending me pics
that they think I will be interested in. Thank you, P.

Tweed

Don't forget Usenet Replayer, where you have access to any binary group
you want.
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/index.html

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland