CatBanter

-   -   Fire in the fireplace (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1040)

jmcquown November 9th 03 04:33 PM

Fire in the fireplace

It's chilly outside so I have a fire burning in the fireplace. Persia is
absolutely fascinated. I'm not sure why, since this isn't her first sight
of it. But she hunches up in front of it like a big meatloaf and just
stares at the flames. If one of the logs POP she jumps! Then resumes her
unrelenting watchfulness.

Jill

MaryL November 9th 03 05:03 PM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
It's chilly outside so I have a fire burning in the fireplace. Persia is
absolutely fascinated. I'm not sure why, since this isn't her first sight
of it. But she hunches up in front of it like a big meatloaf and just
stares at the flames. If one of the logs POP she jumps! Then resumes her
unrelenting watchfulness.

Jill

Do you have a firescreen so the embers can't fly out (especially with Persia
so close)? I assume you do but thought it was worth mentioning as a
cautionary note.

MaryL

jmcquown November 9th 03 09:41 PM

MaryL wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
It's chilly outside so I have a fire burning in the fireplace.
Persia is absolutely fascinated. I'm not sure why, since this isn't
her first sight of it. But she hunches up in front of it like a big
meatloaf and just stares at the flames. If one of the logs POP she
jumps! Then resumes her unrelenting watchfulness.

Jill

Do you have a firescreen so the embers can't fly out (especially with
Persia so close)? I assume you do but thought it was worth
mentioning as a cautionary note.

MaryL

Absolutely it is screened. She doesn't get that close; the hearth extends
aboot 2 feet and her highness curls up outside of that.

Jill