CatBanter

-   -   THAT must have hurt!!! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108232)

---MIKE--- July 28th 12 01:00 PM

THAT must have hurt!!!

Tiger has been much better this past week except he would frequently
stand in the litter box and "try" but not produce. He has been pooping
soft clumps (antibiotic) and peeing. Yesterday I saw two spots of blood
on the carpet near one of the litter boxes. In the box were two solid
poops about the size AND shape of a golf ball. That must have hurt.
Later I found several normal poops. Since then he has stopped standing
in the litter box. I think he finally got rid of the "plug".

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

jmcquown[_2_] July 28th 12 01:34 PM

THAT must have hurt!!!

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

Tiger has been much better this past week except he would frequently
stand in the litter box and "try" but not produce. He has been pooping
soft clumps (antibiotic) and peeing. Yesterday I saw two spots of blood
on the carpet near one of the litter boxes. In the box were two solid
poops about the size AND shape of a golf ball. That must have hurt.
Later I found several normal poops. Since then he has stopped standing
in the litter box. I think he finally got rid of the "plug".

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Sounds like good news! (Make sure to give him all of the antibiotics.)
Please give Tiger some scritches for me :)

Jill

MLB[_4_] July 28th 12 03:26 PM

THAT must have hurt!!!

On 07/28/2012 06:00 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
Tiger has been much better this past week except he would frequently
stand in the litter box and "try" but not produce. He has been pooping
soft clumps (antibiotic) and peeing. Yesterday I saw two spots of blood
on the carpet near one of the litter boxes. In the box were two solid
poops about the size AND shape of a golf ball. That must have hurt.
Later I found several normal poops. Since then he has stopped standing
in the litter box. I think he finally got rid of the "plug".

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44ï¿

bless his poor little hiney. Had you given him a little oil to help?
If not, why not? MLB

pat Chlebowski July 29th 12 03:24 AM

THAT must have hurt!!!

Good that he is feeling better.....

[email protected] July 29th 12 11:48 AM

THAT must have hurt!!!

I don't like the sound of blood near the litter box. That usually means the bladder infection is worse. Keep an eye on him and call the vet if you see more blood.

---MIKE--- July 29th 12 01:21 PM

THAT must have hurt!!!

Armshome wrote:

I don't like the sound of blood near the litter box. That usually means
the bladder infection is worse. Keep an eye on him and call the vet if
you see more blood.

I think the blood was from passing the oversize stool. I haven't seen
any since and Tiger is peeing and pooping normally now. I have
completed the dosage of Clavamox that the vet prescribed.