CatBanter

-   -   GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64579)

kilikini November 18th 05 03:04 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

We have a next-door neighbor of whom we're really unsure of. His wife was
"missing" for almost a year, she came back and there's so much traffic at
their house now. One car leaves, another comes over - only when her husband
is gone, mind you. We can only assume

Anyway, tonight my husband and I witnessed the absolute most intolerable
thing. I'm so mortified that I can't even type to tell you all.

Our married neighbour has "gentleman callers". They usually show up after
her husband leaves, but tonight, her caller didn't. Her husband was
subsequently kicked out and apparantly took it out on one of his cats

My husband and I heard this cat screaming and we immediately jumped to
attention. We saw our neighbor, stretching the cat from head to tail.
Allan, my husband, ran out saying, "Hey, neighbor, what are you doing?" The
neighbor said, "Oh, just hanging with the cat." The cat stopped screaming
once Allan confronted the neighbor. Shoots, people. It was like he wanted
to pull the cat apart!

This is the same neighbor who no longer wanted his cat to be indoors because
he didn't want the "burden" of changing a litter box and his cat was almost
immediately hit by a car. Thousands of dollars went into this cat, but yet,
the cat is again out doors. I mean, HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I are sick. We are absolutely sick. Yet, what can we do
other than report him? We can't take on another cat, but when the cat comes
to our door, whining to be fed, of course we feed him. We had to confront
the neighbor on that issue, too. The cat was coming to our door for food
and water. WTF?????????

Sorry, had to vent.

kili

meee November 18th 05 03:15 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

that is awful!!! You have to report him!! and report her too, for illegal
prostitution or something...if she's living in the house with the cat and
not looking after it either, she deserves all she gets.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

.. .

No More Retail November 18th 05 03:17 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you called the police not just animal control

jmcquown November 18th 05 03:46 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

kilikini wrote:
[...]

It's a bad situation. The husband is taking out anger on the cat who didn't
do anything. Claims he's teaching the cat a lesson when in fact he'd like
to strangle his wife.

Kili and her husband have no luck calling the cops or animal control in this
neighborhood. Let me state unequivocally it is NOT kili or her husbands
fault; they are caring, concerned people who have taken in 3 cats. They
just live in a bad neighborhood.

I've only got suggestions for calling the ASPCA for pet endangerment.
Calling the Vice Squad if there may be prostitution going on next door.
Calling Narcotics if it might be drugs.

I'm glad they are concerned about the cat and that her husband confronted
this neighbor, but that won't stop the neighbor taking out his anger,
regardless of the reason, on the cat. It's a bad neighborhood; it's a bad
situation. (HUGE SIGH)

Jill

Karen November 18th 05 04:07 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

On 2005-11-17 21:04:30 -0600, "kilikini" said:

[...]

Yes you absolutely DO call and report that. NOW. ABSOLUTELY. That is
ABUSE. If nothing else beg them to take that cat from the home. There
is NO way this cat should be in this situation. You really MUST call as
soon as you can. And if it were me, I would snatch that cat into the
house as soon as I could. That is intolerable.

Karen November 18th 05 04:10 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

On 2005-11-17 21:46:36 -0600, "jmcquown" said:

kilikini wrote:
[...]

It's a bad situation, but then they need to call around or take the cat
in and try and find a rescue that will take it in. Consult the vet that
helped Pua. They must have SOME resources or ideas. Animal control
won't respond?? then it's time to start calling the city government
because what the hell are they THERE for then? I'm not blaming kili for
this, but I sure couldn't stand knowing that cat was near those people.

Prozack November 18th 05 04:28 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

jmcquown wrote:
Let me state unequivocally it is NOT kili or her husbands
fault

wtf?!?

that goes without saying you self righteous moron!

[email protected] November 18th 05 04:42 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

kilikini wrote:
[...]

If it were me, and animal control did not remove the cat *immediately*,
I would steal the cat and re-home it out-of-county. Illegal, yes. But
it is the compassionate, and ethical thing to do.
You can only guess how much that cat suffers when *no one is looking.*
You only saw one incident, but you can be sure it was not an isolated
one. That cat has no advocate. We have to speak for those who cannot
speak for themselves.
Please, present your case to animal control, and to the police. Try
your humane societies and ask if they have an abuse team. Let us know
how this unfolds.

Sherry

Houston Legal Secretary November 18th 05 06:45 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

wrote in message
oups.com...

kilikini wrote:
[...]

I agree with Sherry. Maybe you think you cannot take in another cat, but
neither can you stand by and watch it be killed -- or more likely as she
pointed out -- it will be killed (or seriously maimed or injured) behind
your back and the prying eyes of the police or animal welfare.

Do what you can to get the cat to safety, whether it be your own home or
garage or the local humane society.

You witnessed an act of animal cruelty. Based on that alone, any animal
protection agency worth its salt would come immediately to the home, examine
the cat and likely take it into custody. In New York City, the owner would
be fined at the very least.

If you wouldn't turn your back on a child, then please do not turn your back
on this cat. You cared enough to post about it here. Clearly you were
bothered by it. Please do what you can to see that the cat is taken to
safety.

And keep your own cats and chldren away from this monster.

Good luck.

HLS

-L. November 18th 05 09:50 AM

GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

kilikini wrote:
We have a next-door neighbor of whom we're really unsure of. His wife was
"missing" for almost a year, she came back and there's so much traffic at
their house now. One car leaves, another comes over - only when her husband
is gone, mind you. We can only assume

You take the cat, and turn it in to a Humane Society as a stray. No
way are the idiots going to fork over big bucks to rescue a cat they
don't care about. If you are worried that they might, take it out of
the area to a different Humane Society.

-L.