CatBanter

-   -   The Nanki-Poo Diet (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=82067)

Joy August 15th 07 08:46 AM

The Nanki-Poo Diet

I have just discovered a new diet. I have a sweet tooth, and usually eat
something sweet after lunch and dinner. It's a handful of jelly beans after
lunch, and currently an ice cream sandwich after dinner. I eat my meals in
the living room, sitting in my recliner with a tray table. I read while I
eat, and generally keep reading for a while afterward. If I'm having ice
cream after my meal, I'll usually at least finish a chapter before I get up
to get it. Lately, Nanki-Poo has taken to jumping up on my lap as soon as I
put the tray table down. Naturally, I can't disturb him, so I can't go get
my ice cream bar. Generally, by the time he gets down, or I have to put him
down for obvious reasons, I'll decide it's too late for the ice cream.

--
Joy

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this.

[email protected] August 15th 07 08:47 AM

The Nanki-Poo Diet

Joy wrote:

I have just discovered a new diet. I have a sweet tooth, and usually eat
something sweet after lunch and dinner. It's a handful of jelly beans after
lunch, and currently an ice cream sandwich after dinner. I eat my meals in
the living room, sitting in my recliner with a tray table. I read while I
eat, and generally keep reading for a while afterward. If I'm having ice
cream after my meal, I'll usually at least finish a chapter before I get up
to get it. Lately, Nanki-Poo has taken to jumping up on my lap as soon as I
put the tray table down. Naturally, I can't disturb him, so I can't go get
my ice cream bar. Generally, by the time he gets down, or I have to put him
down for obvious reasons, I'll decide it's too late for the ice cream.

This is just about the most pleasant diet I've ever heard of. :)

Joyce

jmcquown August 15th 07 12:36 PM

The Nanki-Poo Diet

wrote:
Joy wrote:

I have just discovered a new diet. I have a sweet tooth, and

usually eat something sweet after lunch and dinner. It's a
handful of jelly beans after lunch, and currently an ice cream
sandwich after dinner. I eat my meals in the living room, sitting
in my recliner with a tray table. I read while I eat, and
generally keep reading for a while afterward. If I'm having ice
cream after my meal, I'll usually at least finish a chapter before I
get up to get it. Lately, Nanki-Poo has taken to jumping up on my
lap as soon as I put the tray table down. Naturally, I can't
disturb him, so I can't go get my ice cream bar. Generally, by
the time he gets down, or I have to put him down for obvious
reasons, I'll decide it's too late for the ice cream.

This is just about the most pleasant diet I've ever heard of. :)

Joyce

It's never too late to for ice cream or a popsicle. Persia likes vanilla
ice cream and she'll let me up for that as long she gets a little. She's
not lactose intolerant. 1 Tbs. of ice cream (or milk) and she's happy.

Jill