Flea drops have no expiration dates? I Wonder why? (Advantage for dogs on cats)

Old August 24th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Doug Bashford[_2_]

Default Flea drops have no expiration dates? I Wonder why? (Advantage for dogs on cats)

about: Update-- Is there a safe and effective flea
collar available yet?;
On 13 Apr 2010 John Doe wrote:

"Zy" zymatikNOSPAM yahoo.com wrote:

We've been using Advantage for years with satisfactory results,
but now we've got 5 cats that go inside and outside throughout
the day.

Hopefully all neutered.

Thus, Advantage has now become too costly.

Sorry I cannot opine on flea collars, but...

You can buy the biggest bottle, like for large dogs,
and apply one drop per pound on your cats.

I never heard of that dosage calculator!
Whoopee if it works!
Dosage can be critical, I suggest double-checking
the math yourself. A small hypodermic is what
I used for the dosage...in ml.

The cost difference is huge. Last
time I checked, the ingredients were precisely the same and were
the exact same percentages, for both cats and dogs. Of course you
should use the regular Advantage, not the K9 Advantage that is
strictly for dogs. Store any unused bottle well sealed in a fresh
zipper plastic bag and in a cool dry place.

In the past I've done this, works fine...perhaps
8 years ago?

I've notice none of the common flea drops have
expiration dates. Any thoughts on this?

Could 4-6-year-old drops be dangerous?
....I'm guessing just no-worky.
(Of course ANYTHING is possible, and according
to some, that seemingly means it's likely!)