New food for feline hypothyrodism. REally?

Old October 4th 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady

Default New food for feline hypothyrodism. REally?

So Hills has launched a new food:
http://www.multivu.com/mnr/51765-hil...erthyroid-cats

The only thing I have to say about this is:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-science/8269/

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old October 4th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"buglady" wrote in message
m...
So Hills has launched a new food:
http://www.multivu.com/mnr/51765-hil...erthyroid-cats

The only thing I have to say about this is:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-science/8269/

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Honestly you may want to read what you post before you post. All that first
article was a person reveling that studies can be wrong. Everyone knows
that for every thing that says it is bad there are things that say it is
good

that food would have made it easier to take cat of my cat who is now gone
that suffered from that disease

Old October 10th 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"buglady" wrote in message
m...

......Yes, lots of vets sell HIlls. Hills is a marketing success. Says
nothing about the quality of their food.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

Old October 11th 11, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Kelly Greene wrote:
"buglady" wrote in message
m...

......Yes, lots of vets sell HIlls. Hills is a marketing success. Says
nothing about the quality of their food.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

My wife buys a raw chicken from the super for less than $3.00. We roast it,
and it feeds both of us and all five cats. There is usually enough left over
to make a couple of chicken salad sandwiches the next day. That's pretty
hard to beat.

Old October 13th 11, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:
"buglady" wrote in message
m...

......Yes, lots of vets sell HIlls. Hills is a marketing success. Says
nothing about the quality of their food.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

My wife buys a raw chicken from the super for less than $3.00. We roast
it, and it feeds both of us and all five cats. There is usually enough
left over to make a couple of chicken salad sandwiches the next day.
That's pretty hard to beat.

I wish my cats would eat more than just canned cat food and a midnight snack
of kibble. They used to eat raw meat a few times a week and sometimes some
cooked chicken, fish or pork... but over the months they stopped. Now it's
90% canned and 10% kibble. They've lost all interest in raw meat and table
food. I assume your cats have access to wild food since cooked chicken
isn't a balanced diet.

Old October 13th 11, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Kelly Greene wrote:
"buglady" wrote in message
m...

......Yes, lots of vets sell HIlls. Hills is a marketing success.
Says nothing about the quality of their food.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

My wife buys a raw chicken from the super for less than $3.00. We
roast it, and it feeds both of us and all five cats. There is
usually enough left over to make a couple of chicken salad
sandwiches the next day. That's pretty hard to beat.

I wish my cats would eat more than just canned cat food and a
midnight snack of kibble. They used to eat raw meat a few times a
week and sometimes some cooked chicken, fish or pork... but over the
months they stopped. Now it's 90% canned and 10% kibble. They've
lost all interest in raw meat and table food. I assume your cats
have access to wild food since cooked chicken isn't a balanced diet.

Our cats live the good life. They get pretty well anything they want. They
have two or more bowls of infinite kibbles, several dishes of wet canned cat
food available all the time, and roasted chicken and/or other cooked meat
most of the time. I am amazed that they aren't all overweight, but somehow,
they seem to be able to avoid obesity. We only have one that is too heavy,
and we just got him from someone else, so I am hoping he will diet down to
approach the weights of the other four....

Old October 13th 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

Kelly Greene wrote:
"buglady" wrote in message
[...]

If he's running around outside, he will most likely slim down. So far our
three indoor-only cats are normal weight. I think it's because they're
pretty darn active and eat little kibble. If I left kibble out 24/7 they
would probably gain weight.

Old October 16th 11, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Kelly Greene wrote:
"buglady" wrote in message
[...]

Mine frequently overeat, but throw it up afterward.... Cats seem to be
naturally anorexic....:^)