Westy the burned cat

Old October 20th 05, 02:04 PM
Charles M

Default Westy the burned cat

I was wondering what happened to Westy the cat that had been tortured and
burned and found that he had died in sometime in 2003:

from: http://www.wrah.com/Westy/westy_page.htm

"February 18, 2004
Westy went to his new home where he lived a happy, spoiled life. About one
year ago, Westy died at home due to unrelated causes. He will forever be in
our hearts. Your respect for the family's privacy will be appreciated."

I am sorry to hear this. I had hoped he would have a long and happy life after
his ordeal.

CMM
Old October 20th 05, 08:19 PM
Joe Canuck

Charles M wrote:

I was wondering what happened to Westy the cat that had been tortured and
burned and found that he had died in sometime in 2003:

from: http://www.wrah.com/Westy/westy_page.htm

"February 18, 2004
Westy went to his new home where he lived a happy, spoiled life. About one
year ago, Westy died at home due to unrelated causes. He will forever be in
our hearts. Your respect for the family's privacy will be appreciated."

I am sorry to hear this. I had hoped he would have a long and happy life after
his ordeal.

CMM

I hope whoever did that was caught and punished.

Old October 21st 05, 02:33 AM
Candace

Charles M wrote:
I was wondering what happened to Westy the cat that had been tortured and
burned and found that he had died in sometime in 2003:

from: http://www.wrah.com/Westy/westy_page.htm

"February 18, 2004
Westy went to his new home where he lived a happy, spoiled life. About one
year ago, Westy died at home due to unrelated causes. He will forever be in
our hearts. Your respect for the family's privacy will be appreciated."

I am sorry to hear this. I had hoped he would have a long and happy life after
his ordeal.

CMM

Me, too. Poor baby.

Candace

Old October 21st 05, 03:25 AM
Rebecca Root

On 2005-10-20 19:33:58 -0600, "Candace" said:

Charles M wrote:
I was wondering what happened to Westy the cat that had been tortured and
burned and found that he had died in sometime in 2003:

from: http://www.wrah.com/Westy/westy_page.htm

"February 18, 2004
Westy went to his new home where he lived a happy, spoiled life. About one
year ago, Westy died at home due to unrelated causes. He will forever be in
our hearts. Your respect for the family's privacy will be appreciated."

I am sorry to hear this. I had hoped he would have a long and happy life after
his ordeal.

CMM

Me, too. Poor baby.

Candace

The people were punished, but inadequately, and it generated a huge
outcry here in Colorado. Legislation was put forward to increase the
penalties for animal torture. I'll look it up and get back, but what I
rememember (maybe wrongly) is that the proposed change (dubbed "Westy's
Law" here) was first defeated and then later passed. Hopefully that
would bring other animals the protection that Westy didn't have.