Another trip to the ER

Old October 22nd 05, 06:49 PM
Juls

Default Another trip to the ER

In article ,
"Brandy**Alexandre" wrote:

If I had come straight home I could have taken her to her own vet,
but believe it or not I stopped there on my way to get a bag of k/d.
There was a wait and in that amount of time I would have gone home,
found her, and swept her off to the vet before they closed.
Instead, we had to drive to the more expensive ER, after, of course,
she tried to take off my arm for, first, touching her at all when
she was so upset, and second, putting her in the carrier.

Poor Kami, I hope she feels better soon.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old October 23rd 05, 12:46 AM

I don't know if you can do it but this works for me. I crush Otis's
tablet between two teaspoons and give it to him with just a little of
his breakfast (to make sure he eats it all), then when that's gone, I
give him the rest of his breakfast. His pills are apparently yeast
scented which my vet assured me they like, luckily he eats it, good
luck.

Old October 23rd 05, 02:36 PM
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know if you can do it but this works for me. I crush Otis's
tablet between two teaspoons and give it to him with just a little of
his breakfast (to make sure he eats it all), then when that's gone, I
give him the rest of his breakfast. His pills are apparently yeast
scented which my vet assured me they like, luckily he eats it, good
luck.

I tried this with my girl, and it just put her off her food--which made her
very
unhappy. And when this kitty ain't happy, ain't nooooobody happy.

Old October 23rd 05, 03:41 PM
Joe Canuck

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

cybercat wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

wrote in message
groups.com...

I don't know if you can do it but this works for me. I crush
Otis's
tablet between two teaspoons and give it to him with just a
little of his breakfast (to make sure he eats it all), then when
that's gone, I give him the rest of his breakfast. His pills are
apparently yeast scented which my vet assured me they like,
luckily he eats it, good luck.

I tried this with my girl, and it just put her off her food--which
made her very
unhappy. And when this kitty ain't happy, ain't nooooobody happy.

Sounds like Kami. Everyone must be brought to the same sour mood if
she's in one. Because her eating is so important, I just don't like
tampering with her food.

BTW, she's feeling better. Not only is she eating the whole can, but
she's asking for more. Of cvourse she gets it, even when it was 4
o'clock this morning. She knows there's a small window when she's ill
that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

....and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll / Ms. Hyde
personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Old October 23rd 05, 03:52 PM
PawsForThought

Joe Canuck wrote:
She knows there's a small window when she's ill
that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll / Ms. Hyde
personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having all
these health problems. So sad

Old October 23rd 05, 07:57 PM
Joe Canuck

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck wrote:

She knows there's a small window when she's ill

that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer
hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll /
Ms. Hyde personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having
all these health problems. So sad

Oh, give it a rest already. A UTI has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, behavior changes and illness are the common long term
side effects of stress.

Old October 23rd 05, 11:15 PM
Paul M. Cook

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck wrote:

She knows there's a small window when she's ill

that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer
hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll /
Ms. Hyde personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having
all these health problems. So sad

Oh, give it a rest already. A UTI has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, behavior changes and illness are the common long term
side effects of stress.

So is being a 17 year old cat.

Paul

Old October 24th 05, 12:43 AM
Joe Canuck

Paul M. Cook wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck wrote:

She knows there's a small window when she's ill

that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer
hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll /
Ms. Hyde personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having
all these health problems. So sad

Oh, give it a rest already. A UTI has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, behavior changes and illness are the common long term
side effects of stress.

So is being a 17 year old cat.

Paul

All the more reason to not be in a stressful environment.

Old October 24th 05, 03:24 AM
Paul M. Cook

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck wrote:

She knows there's a small window when she's ill

that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer
hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll /
Ms. Hyde personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having
all these health problems. So sad

Oh, give it a rest already. A UTI has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, behavior changes and illness are the common long term
side effects of stress.

So is being a 17 year old cat.

Paul

All the more reason to not be in a stressful environment.

I agree Joe, you should find an environment that doesn't stress you nearly
as bad as this newsgroup.

Paul

Old October 24th 05, 04:17 AM
Topaz

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
newsBX6f.2302$Yn4.1971@trnddc03...

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck wrote:

She knows there's a small window when she's ill

that she can get away with all kinds of crap.

...and after that "window" closes Kami's life goes back to sheer
hell.

Kami never knows what the rules are living with a Dr. Jekyll /
Ms. Hyde personality.

Poor Kami. :-(

Poor Kami for getting declawed when she was younger and now having
all these health problems. So sad

Oh, give it a rest already. A UTI has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, behavior changes and illness are the common long term
side effects of stress.

So is being a 17 year old cat.

Paul

All the more reason to not be in a stressful environment.

I agree Joe, you should find an environment that doesn't stress you nearly
as bad as this newsgroup.

Funny, Joe doesn't seem stressed to me. Beyond what an
average cat lover would be when faced with "Brandy's" treatment of Kami.

Preparing for the trip.... Mischief Cat anecdotes 5 July 26th 05 04:50 AM
We're back from our trip badwilson Cat anecdotes 3 June 17th 05 07:43 PM
OT My Trip to Texas - long Bridget Cat anecdotes 10 December 8th 04 03:44 PM
Kitty Road Trip OU812? Cat anecdotes 4 July 12th 04 12:05 AM
The Trip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 July 1st 04 12:34 AM