Bought Nature's Variety Canned (95% meat) and they dont like it!

Old October 29th 05, 03:19 PM
223rem

Default Bought Nature's Variety Canned (95% meat) and they dont like it!

I bought them the duck, lamb and venison varieties.
Very expensive, very good stuff, the idiot cats still prefer
the dry food.

What the ****?!

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...8BjqS195F3F 0
Old October 29th 05, 03:30 PM
MaryL

"223rem" wrote in message
I bought them the duck, lamb and venison varieties.
Very expensive, very good stuff, the idiot cats still prefer
the dry food.

What the ****?!

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...8BjqS195F3F 0

It is very common for cats to prefer dry food, especially if that is what
they have been used to. I had to gradually acclimate Holly and Duffy to
canned (Wellness, Felidae, and Innova). They objected strongly in the
beginning, and I had real guilt pangs about it. However, now they love it,
and the change to a better diet is very noticeable in their beautiful coats.
I do still give them a small amount of Wellness dry every few days as a
"treat."

MaryL

Old October 29th 05, 05:14 PM
Barb

If that's not like cats. My cars tire of some of the cans of Wellness. I
mean like we are down to about two flavors- turkey and turkey and turkey
and salmon. Sometimes I give them some Fancy Feast so at least they can
have more variety. After their canned food I give them some Wellness dry
food. They never seem to get tired of that.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old October 29th 05, 06:09 PM
Lumpy

"223rem" wrote in message
I bought them the duck, lamb and venison varieties.
Very expensive, very good stuff, the idiot cats still prefer
the dry food.

What the ****?!

http://www.naturesvariety.com/conten...8BjqS195F3F 0

They are creatures of habit. Before plopping a new food down
you might have read up on how to introduce a new food.

Besides, how would you know what they eat? They are probably
killing mice, birds, etc. and could be having antifreeze on the rocks
for all you know.

Old October 30th 05, 07:19 PM
Barb

session=naturesvariety:0CDFE231191f91638BjqS195F3F 0

They are creatures of habit. Before plopping a new food down
you might have read up on how to introduce a new food.

My cats don't have a problem with new foods. They just eventually seem to
get sick of all the foods except the Wellness dry food.
--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,