Saying goodbye to my heart

Old December 16th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Saying goodbye to my heart

Hello all, you’ll have to forgive me, I have done nothing cry, and try no not
cry for the past three days. My baby, my heart and life time friend is dieing.
Muffy, that is my beautiful girls name; I have had her for 18 years, since I
was five. Because like most I don't remember much before the age of five, she
has been with me my "whole life" She sleeps by my side every night, licked my
hands and face everyday. I have loved her more then I have ever loved a
person, think what you will of me for saying that, I don't care.

I saw a few days ago that she has stopped eating; I can get to eat some caned
food. She is still drinking. She is having more of a hard time getting around
then before, every time she jumps off the bed she falls, and is just brakes
my heart. Muffy is a long haired Persian so I’m afraid I didn’t see how thin
she was getting; now I can feel all her little bones.

I have not taken her to the vet yet because I know she is just so old they
will just want to put her down, and before you all start yelling at me I'm
not being selfish. As soon as I see she is suffering, or in any pain, I will
take her, and say goodbye to my heart.

Please do not take anything I have said the wrong way, I just want some
people to talk to how understand.
Old December 16th 05, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Blu wrote:

Please do not take anything I have said the wrong way, I just want some
people to talk to how understand.

Hi
hopefully no one will be insensitive to you

poor thing!
can you make her a ramp off and on the bed?

Old December 16th 05, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thank you for your kind words. I did make her stairs, and she uses them to
come up, but she still wants to jump down.
Old December 16th 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Blu" u16715@uwe wrote in message news:58ec188b3aa52@uwe...
[...]

Believe me, I do understand the pain you are describing. I lost my first
cat just before he would have been 20 years old. At the same time, I would
strongly encourage you to take Muffy to a vet. I made many tearful trips to
the vet thinking it would be "the last time," only to be sent home with more
medication or information. In my case, fluids (Ringer's lactate) saved the
day -- and stimulated my cat's appetite. He first showed real signs of
illness at the age of 18-1/2, so he lived for another year-and-a-half after
that. If you do receive worse news than I did, then it is still important
for you to see a vet because cats are well-known to hide pain, and it is
important for you to get an evaluation. If possible, ask around and find a
vet known to specialize in (or at least be "good" with) geriatic cats.

MaryL

Old December 16th 05, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

First off, I think we can all relate to how you feel. Cats just become part
of us - like you said your Muffy is your heart- and there isn't much we can
do to prevent the little fur balls from getting in there. It must be hell
for you to see her like this with not eating, the difficulty getting around
etc as it is for her. Take your time to say good bye - I am sure she knows
how you feel and her little kitty heart is full of love for you too but she
does deserve to be helped in any way she can be. You will never forget her -
she will always be your heart but maybe in time you can let another furry
faced one in. Until then, know that good thoughts are going your and Muffy's
way.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old December 16th 05, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well you changed my mind, I don't have much money but I'll cash some bonds if
I must. Even if I do get bad news I don't think I can take this for much
longer. It's killing me to see her like this.
Old December 16th 05, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Blu I know how you feel we just lost our 19.5 year old precious. Take your
time saying good bye but take her to the vet to make sure there is nothing
that you can do to fix the current problem. After that you will know when
it is time to say goodbye. It is hard to let go of someone you love with
all your heart and any one that does not agree that our four legged friends
are our children, best friends, loves of our life and yes even soulmates I
pity them for their loss.

I am proud to be owned by a cat (s)

Hugs and Purrs for both of you. I will keep you both in our prayers

"me" wrote in message ...
"Blu" u16715@uwe wrote in news:58ec188b3aa52@uwe:

[...]

Please take her to the vet in case there is something wrong that is
fixable. You may be able to save her. Don't let her just die like this.

Old December 16th 05, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thank you all so much, I can't tell you how much you all have already helped
me in only a few hours. And yes I am going to take her to the vet. today at 3:
30, I love my vet, they have been taking care of our dogs for six or seven
years now, and they worked really hard to work me into day. The more I
thought about it, if she did die this way I would hate myself for not even
seeing if I could do anything. But I am prepared for the worst, well ok I'm
not, I'll cry my heart out.
Old December 16th 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Please let us know what the vet says. Best case scenario- a pill a day
could bring her back to health.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old December 16th 05, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

We never are... not really..

Keep us posted !!

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.