Espy looking better!

Old December 30th 05, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Espy looking better!

Reasonably good news. The drooling has stopped and he's eating some.
He wasn't eating is regular ProPlan stuff that he usually likes
(salmon and rice) so I gave him the emergency can of 9 Lives and he
devoured the crap. He still isn't eating his Temptations (yellow bag)
treats. I think they aren't smelly enough.

The tests showed elevated liver enzymes but no abnormal CBC or
glucose. The vet thinks that the liver result could also be a result
of something that he ate, so we're going with the "he ate something
bad" hypothesis. We'll finish the magic pink elixir (amoxicillin)
anyway and then run another chem screen just to check the liver.

Doc says it's ok to let him go back outside so, being almost 50F
today, he's in the backyard. Nipsy, the big wuss, is clogging my lap
as I'm typing. All in all, a good report.
Old January 1st 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

dgk wrote:
Reasonably good news. The drooling has stopped and he's eating some.

Doc says it's ok to let him go back outside so, being almost 50F
today, he's in the backyard. Nipsy, the big wuss, is clogging my lap
as I'm typing. All in all, a good report.

Great! Hope he continues to improve.

Have you noticed that the yellow Temptations bags don't really reseal
like the others do? We quit buying yellow because of that and they
don't like orange much (Tantalizing Turkey) so we're just doing blue,
purple, and green now.

Candace

Old January 2nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 31 Dec 2005 19:01:38 -0800, "Candace" wrote:

dgk wrote:
Reasonably good news. The drooling has stopped and he's eating some.

Doc says it's ok to let him go back outside so, being almost 50F
today, he's in the backyard. Nipsy, the big wuss, is clogging my lap
as I'm typing. All in all, a good report.

Great! Hope he continues to improve.

Have you noticed that the yellow Temptations bags don't really reseal
like the others do? We quit buying yellow because of that and they
don't like orange much (Tantalizing Turkey) so we're just doing blue,
purple, and green now.

Candace

No, I'm not having trouble with the yellows. On the other hand I have
about fifteen packages and perhaps a new lot number is to blame? They
have the resealable ridges on them.
Old January 2nd 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

dgk wrote:

No, I'm not having trouble with the yellows. On the other hand I have
about fifteen packages and perhaps a new lot number is to blame? They
have the resealable ridges on them.

They had the ridges on them, they just didn't "engage" like they're
supposed to. I doubt they were the same lot # as we got them over a
period of a couple months. Very strange. Maybe we'll try again soon.

Glad your boy is better.

Candace

Old January 2nd 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 1 Jan 2006 17:18:09 -0800, "Candace" wrote:

dgk wrote:

No, I'm not having trouble with the yellows. On the other hand I have
about fifteen packages and perhaps a new lot number is to blame? They
have the resealable ridges on them.

They had the ridges on them, they just didn't "engage" like they're
supposed to. I doubt they were the same lot # as we got them over a
period of a couple months. Very strange. Maybe we'll try again soon.

Glad your boy is better.

Candace

I'm still not convinced that everything is ok. He started sneezing a
few days ago and did it several times this morning. So I called the
vet and he said to stop worrying (not in that exact phrase) and not to
bother bringing him in. Finish the magic pink elixir and bring him in
to check the liver functions when it's done.

And of course now I think he looks thin and I can feel every rib but I
guess I'm just being hyper about it. Vet said to worry about the
sneezing only if he keeps doing it. Apparently they get allergies just
like we do and that's what he has. He's had a run of questions about
cats sneezing lately.

I feel better for having called though.