seperation anxiety

Old January 3rd 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default seperation anxiety

i think my cat is going through seperation recovery

she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
(the husband became allergic)

i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home

and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

Old January 4th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default separation anxiety

"2 fingers" wrote in message
oups.com...
i think my cat is going through separation recovery

she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
(the husband became allergic)

i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home

and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

I bet she is. It is hard to believe anyone could give up a cat
after seven years. It is really good that you have her now.
(I am allergic to cats, too, but there is such a thing as
allergy medication, after all! )

You are kind and patient, so she will come around. It has
to be very sad to be without the only humans she has known
but you can make it up to her.

Old January 4th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"2 fingers" wrote in message
oups.com...
i think my cat is going through seperation recovery

she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
(the husband became allergic)

i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home

and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

Cats are creatures of habit (just like us humans) so I have a feeling that
she's more upset that her routine has been altered than that she's missing
her mom.

Why not give her previous mom a call and inquire about her routine?

Cat's tend to be creatures of habit so I have to imagine that if you contact
her previous 7 yr mommy, that she will be able to provide you with some
insight that will be of some benefit.

Old January 4th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

You are kind and patient, so she will come around. It has
to be very sad to be without the only humans she has known
but you can make it up to her.

Thanks Cybercat

I have tried in my own way to make her feel at home

I realize, she just hast to go through some changes, and soo, I wait

Old January 4th 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Judy wrote:

Cat's tend to be creatures of habit so I have to imagine that if you contact
her previous 7 yr mommy, that she will be able to provide you with some
insight that will be of some benefit.

this may be...

mmm, yeah, I did call her, but somehow got the feeling she is my baby
now?

her mom told me that Lucille sheds when she is nervous, and so I am
glad she is not nervous around here, and she will come and see me at
random, climb on my lap for a few minutes etc...she is somewhat
friendly like this

I just couldn't see it taking this long, but she does make progress a
widdle bit each day

about her routine, I can believe this, you're probably right

Old January 7th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
"2 fingers" wrote in message
oups.com...

i think my cat is going through separation recovery

she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
(the husband became allergic)

i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home

and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

I bet she is. It is hard to believe anyone could give up a cat
after seven years. It is really good that you have her now.
(I am allergic to cats, too, but there is such a thing as
allergy medication, after all! )

My allergy medicine is not enough lately.
I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.
Old January 7th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Kitkat" wrote

My allergy medicine is not enough lately.

Oh no. That sucks.

I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.

Let me know what happens. *shaking my head*
Man, we have to be able to live with the Angel Creatures.

Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the window
today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
around.

Old January 7th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote

My allergy medicine is not enough lately.

Oh no. That sucks.

It really does.

I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.

Let me know what happens. *shaking my head*
Man, we have to be able to live with the Angel Creatures.

Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.

Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the window
today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
around.

Oh, I'm around. I guess I just haven't had much to say?

Did I post this pic of Luna bitchslapping Dudley? If not...get ready to
die laughing. If so...you'll die laughing again.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0028.html

Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
like...uh...a fraidy cat!

Old January 7th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Kitkat wrote:

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0028.html

Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
like...uh...a fraidy cat!

ouch!

good camera action

Old January 7th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.

Well now, that is not going to happen. There are good medicines out there,
and
you can always vacuum the cats. Really, I have thought of getting those
wipes
for mine, to get some of the deadly cat spit off of them before they are all
up
in my face. And I *guess* I could stop kissing them. Anyway, there is a lot
you can do. You never have to give them up. My doctor suggested it--and
after
seeing the look on my face, he said, "well, then you can just not replace
them."
And after seeing the look on my face (certainly something to the effect of "
Jesus!
You soulless monkey! REPLACE them? REPLACE THEM?? I cannot believe I
ever let you so much as take my pulse let alone to a pap!) he has never
brought
it up again.

Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the

window
today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
around.

Oh, I'm around. I guess I just haven't had much to say?

Well, my dear, I just cannot imagine that. On your most boring days you are
more interesting than most. Your photo site is so cool, I find new things
every
time I look at it. You have been everywhere!

Speaking of replacement cats, if Gracie or Boo ever move on to, say, public
office, the Kitty Mafia, or a movie contract, I still want a cat that looks
just like Jasper. And
maybe a big red boy. My husband says "NO boys!" like I will honestly buy
this, like I don't know that once I put a furry creatue with a pulse down in
front of
him he will not grow to love it. :')

Did I post this pic of Luna bitchslapping Dudley? If not...get ready to
die laughing. If so...you'll die laughing again.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m.../dscf0028.html

Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
like...uh...a fraidy cat!

This is a great series of pictures. I imagine you have them posted in the
order
in which the poses occurred? hahaha! Luna has a great tabby face.