Cat Pooping in Bathtub!

Old January 9th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Pooping in Bathtub!

For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell. I
recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

- Ruby Tuesday

Old January 9th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Ruby Tuesday" wrote in message
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's

poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell.

recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda

high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate.

You mean, you added clean litter to dirty?

Old January 9th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Ruby Tuesday" wrote in message
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's

poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell.

recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda

high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate.

You mean, you added clean litter to dirty?

Um, I scooped out what I could to the first layer of litter, then I poured
the rest of the bag on top.

Old January 9th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell. I
recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

- Ruby Tuesday

Do you have only one cat? If not, are the other cats harrassing Mico?
He could be using the bathtub because he feels like it's a "safe
place"--high sides, privacy, etc.
Is your litterbox in a busy or noisy place? If so, try moving it.
Also, if the litterbox isn't impeccably clean, some cats will avoid it.

Sherry

Old January 9th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Ruby Tuesday" wrote in message
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's
poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell.
recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda
high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

Have him checked by the vet. Inappropriate pooping is usually as a result of
a medical or behavioural problem. It's best to rule out a medical problem
first.

Old January 9th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
ups.com...

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's
poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell.
recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda
high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

- Ruby Tuesday

Do you have only one cat? If not, are the other cats harrassing Mico?
He could be using the bathtub because he feels like it's a "safe
place"--high sides, privacy, etc.
Is your litterbox in a busy or noisy place? If so, try moving it.
Also, if the litterbox isn't impeccably clean, some cats will avoid it.

Sherry

Try adding another box. Some cats won't poop in the same box they pee in.
With an extra box and regular scooping (at least once a day if not twice)
one of them is more likely to be up to the cat's standards.

Old January 9th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I had a cat years ago who peed in the toilet with no encouragement from
me.
My cat used to do her business in the bathtub. She also liked to pee on
rubber backed rugs. Wish I knew why.

Old January 9th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell. I
recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

- Ruby Tuesday

set the litter box in the bathtub
(send your message to him)

Old January 9th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Ruby Tuesday" wrote in message
For me, 3 is the magic number. Tonight was the 3rd time I found Mico's

poop
in the bathtub. I take it he's angry at me, but for what I cannot tell.

recently filled up the litterbox with more litter - the pile is kinda

high,
maybe more than the three inches the instructions dictate. He's getting
excellent food. I'm drawing a blank.

Feeback, anyone?

He may not know what a litter box is. Some cats get confused. Try putting
a fresh box of litter in or near the bathtub for a few days. Let him find
it. Then gradually relocate the litter box a bit each day after he gets
used to using it.

Paul

Old January 9th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

My litter boxes are in an unused closet. If your litter boxes arena.t in
the bathroom you could shut the bathroom door. I took care of a neighbor's
6 cats once and one of them always "used" the tub. The family used the
other tub.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,