Kami not eating again :(

Old January 31st 06, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Kami not eating again :(

Margarita Salt wrote:

Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
food.

....and you seriously think you can pull this one off in here again. I
don't doubt there is an issue, but given your reaction the last time...
don't turn blue waiting for responses.

I feel for the cat and you have already been given advice on this, but
man... what a drama/attention Queen the owner is.
Old January 31st 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe Canuck wrote:
Margarita Salt wrote:

Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
food.

...and you seriously think you can pull this one off in here again. I
don't doubt there is an issue, but given your reaction the last time...
don't turn blue waiting for responses.

I feel for the cat and you have already been given advice on this, but
man... what a drama/attention Queen the owner is.

Ya know, Joe, as much as I have disliked Brandy in the past (and I
did), the fact is, she hads an ailing geriatric cat, and that is hard
to cope with. We all love our animals despite how we may care for them
differently, whether or not we believe in declawing (or anything else)
and what approaches we take to their care. It's gotta hurt knowing
that your cat is sick and may possibly die. I don't care how much you
or Phil, or whomever, want to chastise her for seeking help or support
here, she still has the right to do so, and I, for one, will support
her if she needs it. Losing a pet sucks, big time. Dealing with a
sick elderly pet is like dealing with a sick kid for a lot of people -
especially when you have had the animal 15, 16 years or more.
Sometimes it's best to put away your differences and your bickering and
try to be a little bit human.

-L.

Old January 31st 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:27:20 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Margarita Salt wrote:

Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
food.

...and you seriously think you can pull this one off in here again. I
don't doubt there is an issue, but given your reaction the last time...
don't turn blue waiting for responses.

I feel for the cat and you have already been given advice on this, but
man... what a drama/attention Queen the owner is.

Her cat is getting old, Joe. She's concerned. This is the place
where she can post about what is going on with her cat, and connect
with other cat lovers.

Charlie

Old January 31st 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 31 Jan 2006 03:36:16 -0800, wrote:

Joe Canuck wrote:
Margarita Salt wrote:

[...]

It's worse than dealing with a sick human. You can explain things to a
human.

I wish the best for Kami. Perhaps warming food will help.
Old January 31st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:
Joe Canuck wrote:

Margarita Salt wrote:

[...]

I made that distinction in my post, regarding the welfare of the cat
despite certain issues with the owner. However, despite good intentions
there is nothing any of us can do about Kami's situation. The
responsibility for her care rests entirely with her caregiver. We have
no influence over that.

I'd suggest Brandy discuss all this with her vet, considering she always
says this vet is the "best one in the world". As per Brandy, no one in
this group is qualified to give advice unless they are a vet. If you
want to see that comment from her first hand, you'll need to do some
digging with Google Group and hope someone quoted it.

In any case, I've said what I have to say about it.