Kami not eating again :(

Old January 31st 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Kami not eating again :(

Margarita Salt wrote:
Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
food.

Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

Old February 1st 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
Margarita Salt wrote:
Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest in the
sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only wants junk
food.

Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

That always "kick-started" my late CRF cat (sweet Cory). I really hope
Kami will bounce back and have a good long time left with you, Brandy.

Candace

Old February 1st 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 1 Feb 2006 04:08:30 GMT, Margarita Salt
wrote:

Candace wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

PawsForThought wrote:
Margarita Salt wrote:
Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave
her fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little
this evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great
interest in the sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler
that only wants junk food.

Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

That always "kick-started" my late CRF cat (sweet Cory). I really
hope Kami will bounce back and have a good long time left with
you, Brandy.

Candace

I mentioned in another thread that I gave her a taco. Something about
chicken, cheese and sour cream she can't resist. After that, I changed
out the food in her bowl (even though none was eaten) and put one of
the new flavors in it I picked. It seems Chicken Hearts and Livers is
also irresistable. Perhaps she didn't like any of the THREE flavors I
bought last time. I dunno. I can't imagine even the most obstinate
cat starving itself because it wants oragn meats over fish that day (or
two). I just don't understand my kid sometimes.

Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?
Old February 1st 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message
PawsForThought wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Margarita Salt wrote:
Kami stopped eating again, including the Fancy Feast. I gave her
fluids and a quarter Pepcid last night and she ate a little this
evening, but not much. She did, however, have a great interest
in the sour cream from din-din. It's like a toddler that only
wants junk food.

Have you contacted her vet? You might want to ask him about an
appetite stimulant such as Periactin.

I put that in the email I sent her this morning.

Didn't "the best vet in world" suggest warming up her food and maybe adding
a little warm bacon fat? A little- just a little- warm bacon fat even works
wonders on k/d and x/d.

Old February 1st 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Margarita Salt wrote:
dgk wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?

It was a Taco Bell chicken soft taco. I had expected a beef taco
because the combo included that and I only ordered the burrito as
chicken. Kami really likes their taco meat for some reason, but I
guess the chicken is probably better given her tummy and the spices at
the moment. She got the chicken, some cheese and some sour cream, and
I got the rest (threw out the tomatoes).

Have you tried cooking her some ground beef or chicken with some
garlic? The garlic alone might be enough to entice her.

-L.

Old February 2nd 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Margarita Salt wrote:

:::GASP::: That's from the ONION family!!!

Yah, I think garlic can cause that strange anemia, just like onions.

Hope Kami keeps eating, even if you have to buy some air freshener...

Rhonda

Old February 2nd 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Rhonda wrote:

Margarita Salt wrote:

:::GASP::: That's from the ONION family!!!

Yah, I think garlic can cause that strange anemia, just like onions.

Hope Kami keeps eating, even if you have to buy some air freshener...

Rhonda

I don't think you caught the sarcasm with Brandy's aka Margarita Salt's
comment.

There was a big fuss in here a while back after she mentioned about
feeding her own cat onions. We were all concerned about it for Kami's
sake while Brandy was busy defending feeding onions to cats.

Old February 2nd 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 1 Feb 2006 14:25:55 GMT, Margarita Salt
wrote:

dgk wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Cats are weird Brandy. My favorite trick is when you find a food that
they really like and buy a bunch. Then they decide they don't like it
anymore. But I haven't tried them on tacos. Was that a real taco or a
Taco Bell type? Hard or soft?

It was a Taco Bell chicken soft taco. I had expected a beef taco
because the combo included that and I only ordered the burrito as
chicken. Kami really likes their taco meat for some reason, but I
guess the chicken is probably better given her tummy and the spices at
the moment. She got the chicken, some cheese and some sour cream, and
I got the rest (threw out the tomatoes).

Thanks. I often commute by bike and there is a Taco Bell on the way
home so sometimes I drop in. I'll pick up a chicken taco and beef taco
and let the boys choose. I'm hoping that Kami keeps mowing them down.