Worms and very possesive cat

Old March 24th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Worms and very possesive cat

I have an 9 month old cat named Kahlua. She was a stray when I irst got her
only being what seemed like 4 weeks old. She had a bad case of tape worms
which I was a ble to get rid of fairly easily but it is the worms in her
stool that i have a hard time getting rid of. I think I got rid of them this
time but am in fear of them returning again. When I give her food for
sensitive systems she does good but if i give her anything else she gets
worms and severe diarrhea so bad that she bleeds. What can I do?? Any
Suggestion??

Also she is a very possesive cat. She only like me and if my other cat comes
over to me she will get up on my lap and push him off. But at the same time
if she cant find him she cries. She always has to be by me, on my lap or
shoulder and she follows me to the bathroom and all over the house. I even
swears she meows the word mom (is this possible) What can I do I feel as if
I have a little baby again.
Old March 24th 06, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:49:21 GMT, "Prissykitty73" u20054@uwe wrote:

I have an 9 month old cat named Kahlua. She was a stray when I irst got her
only being what seemed like 4 weeks old. She had a bad case of tape worms
which I was a ble to get rid of fairly easily but it is the worms in her
stool that i have a hard time getting rid of. I think I got rid of them this
time but am in fear of them returning again. When I give her food for
sensitive systems she does good but if i give her anything else she gets
worms and severe diarrhea so bad that she bleeds. What can I do?? Any
Suggestion??

I don't think she gets the worms from her food. You better take her
in to the vet if you can possibly manage it.

Charlie

Old March 24th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

which I was a ble to get rid of fairly easily but it is the worms in her
stool that i have a hard time getting rid of. I think I got rid of them this
time but am in fear of them returning again. When I give her food for
sensitive systems she does good but if i give her anything else she gets
worms and severe diarrhea so bad that she bleeds. What can I do?? Any
Suggestion??

You need to take a stool sample to your vet; they will tell you if she has
worms or not. Food does not cause worms - the ingestion of fleas and eating
raw meat (birds, mice) can give a cat worms. Your vet can check for fleas
also. If she is getting bad diarrhea, she can become dehydrated, depending
upon how long it lasts so this is another reason for her to have a vet visit.
Sometimes blood in the stool can be from changing foods too abruptly or she
may have something else going on. You really need to get her in for a check
up.

Also she is a very possesive cat. She only like me and if my other cat comes
over to me she will get up on my lap and push him off. But at the same time
if she cant find him she cries. She always has to be by me, on my lap or
shoulder and she follows me to the bathroom and all over the house. I even
swears she meows the word mom (is this possible) What can I do I feel as if
I have a little baby again.

Some are more possessive and needy than others; it's just her personality.
But at least her meowing for the other cat shows that she likes him/her too;
that's good. She's only 9 months old, she may loosen her grip on you as she
gets older.

NanCe

Old March 24th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I have an 9 month old cat named Kahlua. She was a stray when I irst got her
only being what seemed like 4 weeks old. She had a bad case of tape worms
which I was a ble to get rid of fairly easily but it is the worms in her
stool that i have a hard time getting rid of. I think I got rid of them this
time but am in fear of them returning again. When I give her food for
sensitive systems she does good but if i give her anything else she gets
worms and severe diarrhea so bad that she bleeds. What can I do?? Any
Suggestion??

If you mean roundworms, those are from eating mice or consuming infective
eggs from your other cat. You need to have your other cat's stool checked
too; he may be passing them to Kahlua. Bring a stool sample to your vet.
Food has nothing to do with worms. Here's a link for you:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/roun...__kittens.html

Old May 3rd 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:49:21 +0000, Prissykitty73 wrote:

[...]

Yes, you do have a baby. Talk to Ted about the worms.