compounding pharmacy for cat medication?

Old March 24th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default compounding pharmacy for cat medication?

Harriet, one of the cats at work, is on Propulsid 2x a day. The vet's
office charges $1 per capsule. I was looking for an online veterinary
compounding pharmacy where I might be able to get it cheaper. I did a quick
search but everything I looked at catered to vets, not individual patients.

--
Liz

Old March 24th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Harriet, one of the cats at work, is on Propulsid 2x a day. The vet's
office charges $1 per capsule. I was looking for an online veterinary
compounding pharmacy where I might be able to get it cheaper. I did a quick
search but everything I looked at catered to vets, not individual patients.

Can you get a presc. from your vet and take it to one of your local drug
stores? The drug store may charge less than your vet would.

NanCe

Old March 24th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Our vet suggested a pharmacy in our area that compounded. Your vet might
know of one.

I know this site does compounding -- but I've never used one on-line and
haven't checked their prices: www.vetcentric.com.

Rhonda

Old March 24th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Harriet, one of the cats at work, is on Propulsid 2x a day. The vet's
office charges $1 per capsule. I was looking for an online veterinary
compounding pharmacy where I might be able to get it cheaper. I did a quick
search but everything I looked at catered to vets, not individual patients.

Perhaps if you mention to the vet that you've found it cheaper elsewhere
he'll lower his price. Worth a shot.

Old March 24th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I have a list of Compounding Pharmacies at
http://www.hoosierkitties.com/shopping/compound.htm

I know that on that list Francks carries it
http://www.francks.com/docs/ProductList.pdf
__
http://www.hoosierkitties.com Hoosier Kitties- Resource Links for You
About Your Cat
http://www.arubabound.com Aruba Bound!

Old March 24th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am a compounding pharmacist and read your post about Propulsid for
your cat. I own a compounding pharmacy and we have made this
medication for some local cat owners and vets. If you can tell me what
strength your cat takes, I'd be happy to quote you a price. You can
visit our website at www.redlinepharmacy.com to learn more about us.
We would need a prescription from your vet either phoned, faxed or
mailed before we could fill the prescription. We primarily focus on
human health but about 10% of our practice involves animals. Let me
know if we can help.
Thank you.
Tim Redline, PharmD

Old March 25th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I've used the Veterinary Pharmacy of America....VETRXRX.com or
1-877-VETRXRX. They are located in Houston and ship overnight. You'll need
a prescription from your vet.

Sue
et...

Old March 25th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NanCe via CatKB.com" u18214@uwe wrote in message
Harriet, one of the cats at work, is on Propulsid 2x a day. The vet's
office charges $1 per capsule. I was looking for an online veterinary
compounding pharmacy where I might be able to get it cheaper. I did a
quick
search but everything I looked at catered to vets, not individual
patients.

Can you get a presc. from your vet and take it to one of your local drug
stores? The drug store may charge less than your vet would.

NanCe,

This drug is no longer available for humans, so a regular pharmacy won't
have it.

--
Liz

Old March 25th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Arubalisa" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a list of Compounding Pharmacies at
http://www.hoosierkitties.com/shopping/compound.htm

I know that on that list Francks carries it
http://www.francks.com/docs/ProductList.pdf

Thanks for the links. I'll see if I can get any info through e-mail from
any of them.

--
Liz

Old March 25th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"TimRP" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a compounding pharmacist and read your post about Propulsid for
your cat. I own a compounding pharmacy and we have made this
medication for some local cat owners and vets. If you can tell me what
strength your cat takes, I'd be happy to quote you a price. You can
visit our website at www.redlinepharmacy.com to learn more about us.
We would need a prescription from your vet either phoned, faxed or
mailed before we could fill the prescription. We primarily focus on
human health but about 10% of our practice involves animals. Let me
know if we can help.
Thank you.
Tim Redline, PharmD

Tim,

They usually don't write much info on the label when I get it at the vet's,
but I'm pretty sure that one time they did write 5mg on it. I'd have to
double check with the vet, but I'm pretty certain that was the dose. I just
picked up a refill today and all they usually write is Propulsid.

--
Liz