my new kitty

Old April 3rd 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default my new kitty

My 16 year old cat Tiger diede last month. My 6 year old guy, Otto, has
been very subdued since then. I knew I'd get him a friend eventually and
last week I went to a shelter near work and met some cats and talked to the
staff. One cat in particular I thought about all week/weekend and today I
went back to see him again. This time I was allowed to take him into a room
to play and he was absolutely sweet & fabulous. I signed the papers, paid
his fee and now he's mine! We're still at work, where Stinky & Harriet
aren't too happy about the newcomer even though we're now locked in my
office. He'll be confined to my bedroom for awhile once we get home.

Here's his page from Petfinder. I'm pretty sure I'll be changing his name
as soon as I know what it should be:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5967384

--
Liz

Old April 3rd 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I think he is lovely, congrats on giving him a loving home.

sandra

Old April 3rd 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Aww... He looks so sweet! Good for you! He will be the so
appreciative.

Old April 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Congratulations on your new addition! I lost my own 16 year old cat the end
of January. I was hesitant about getting another cat too quickly but I knew
my 2 1/2 year old really needed a buddy. So 3 weeks ago I adopted a 7 month
old kitten....from petfinder.com like you. Your new boy is very handsome.

Sue

Old April 4th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote in message
k.net...

Bless you for getting an adult! You'll find he's pretty active. At
least, mine was at that age. Still is. Almost as bad as a kitten, but
heavier.

I knew that I wanted a young adult cat. When I was at the shelter today I
heard a worker telling a man that they would only be accepting kittens for
awhile now, I guess since they move out quicker than the adults. The cats
they had ranged in age from 8 months to about 8 years. Most were in the 1-3
range.

He is a very playful boy! So is Otto, and he'll be 7 years old this summer.
Otto did some hissing when he saw me bring the new guy in. I have the new
kitty in my bedroom and Otto is now off sleeping. New guy was in my office
all afternoon and had a great time climbing on everything and playing with
his mouse. I posted a couple of pictures from hom on
alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

--
Liz

Old April 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
Congratulations on your new addition! I lost my own 16 year old cat the
end of January. I was hesitant about getting another cat too quickly but I
knew my 2 1/2 year old really needed a buddy. So 3 weeks ago I adopted a
7 month old kitten....from petfinder.com like you. Your new boy is very
handsome.

Sue

Congrats on your new kitty, too! My Otto is a little upset about the
newcomer (who is locked in the bedroom for now) but I know he'll come
around. Last year I brought home one of the cats from work a lot on the
weekends/holidays (to medicate/monitor her) and Otto got used to her
quickly. Harriet hated Otto so they never became buddies, but they'd mostly
ignore each other and a few times I caught them both sleeping on the bed,
with a pile of blankets between them. I'm hoping that Otto will adapt to
his new brother quickly because I know my new guy would love to play with
him. He didn't hiss or growl at the cats at work even when they were
hissing and growling at him.

--
Liz

Old April 4th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Give it some time and introduce them slowly. It's been 3 weeks for me and
my resident cat, Wally, still gets his nose out of joint a little bit, but
he is adjusting okay to the new cat. They really are fun to watch together.

S.

Old April 4th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

[...]

Congratulations, Liz.

Almost every orange male tabby I've ever know was a mush.. and big! I think
your cats will get along great.

Here's my big orange fella:

http://maxshouse.com/album/neo-spread.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Neo-Close-up.jpg

Best of luck to you both,

Phil

Old April 4th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
Give it some time and introduce them slowly. It's been 3 weeks for me and
my resident cat, Wally, still gets his nose out of joint a little bit, but
he is adjusting okay to the new cat. They really are fun to watch
together.

S.

Otto pretty much completely forgets about him when the bedroom door is shut.
He was the same way for the most part when I'd have Harriet visiting,
although sometimes he'd camp outside the door for a bit. Last night I put
Otto in the bedroom for awhile so the new guy could roam around. Once Otto
decided he had enough confinement and started rattling the doorknob I
switched them back.

--
Liz