Happy Birthday Kami!

Old April 4th 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Happy Birthday Kami!

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
The Kamikaze Kitty, better known as Kami, celebrates her 18th birthday
today. Old enough to vote!

She's still a bit frail from her recent bouts of illness, but she's
bright, alert, interested and still rules the house. I'm not sure how
much time we have left, but it's quite a ride. This morning she
celebrated her birthday with a trip to the vet for a checkup. She
doesn't find that much of a gift, but it was pricey.

--
Brandy Alexandre

-- Everything tastes better with cat hair in it. =^.^=

So the earth has traveled around the sun 18 times since a new
biological form slid into the world.... So what? Time is irrelevant.

IBen

Old April 5th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
The Kamikaze Kitty, better known as Kami, celebrates her 18th
birthday today. Old enough to vote!

She's still a bit frail from her recent bouts of illness, but
she's bright, alert, interested and still rules the house. I'm
not sure how much time we have left, but it's quite a ride. This
morning she celebrated her birthday with a trip to the vet for a
checkup. She doesn't find that much of a gift, but it was
pricey.

--
Brandy Alexandre

-- Everything tastes better with cat hair in it. =^.^=

So the earth has traveled around the sun 18 times since a new
biological form slid into the world.... So what? Time is
irrelevant.

Yeah, but silly us, we like to comemmorate ridiculous things.

I couldn't agree more..

Makes us
believe we're special somehow to have memory over all of god's other
creatures.

Now you're being sarcastically facetious. That or you're an arrogant
fool. What makes you think that you are somehow special because you
choose to remember ridiculous things? Your cat can remember. At least,
mine does. But they don't seem to give a rat'z azz about things that
are totally irrelevant. They so much more prefer to live in the moment.
Just like you should.

You care about time, do you... Then think about this... In 6. 5 billion
years, the earth will be totally destroyed by the sun when it goes red
giant. And there's no stopping it. Nothing of this world will remain.
Nothing to attest to our struggles, to our hopes and to all of our puny
little lives (including Kami). It will all be rendered meaningless
within the bat of an eye. All this ****, and in end the end, it won't
matter at all.
Now, as far as time goes, I think that's a whole helluva lot more
relevant and a might bit less ridiculous that whooping and shouting
about a fragile short-lived creature's life-span!

More fun facts for those of simple mind to ponder...
Our sun is only one of over 5 billion 'suns' in this galaxy alone. It
revolves around the center of the milky way at a speed of over 67,000
mph. In turn, the milky way galaxy itself revolves around the center of
the ever-expanding universe at a speed of over 265,000 mph.
Thanks to the Hubble space telescope, we have learned that what were
once thought to be stars are actually thousands of clusters of other
galaxies, so ****ing far away that it is totally incomprehensible. If
life were some how be miraculously discovered on our sun's closest
neighboring star system, it would take us over 4 years just to get
there to say 'hi'. That is, if we could travel at the speed of light
(286,000 miles per second). Right now, the best we can do is 12.

And another thing... In one hundred and eighty years +/-, nobody you
will have known in your life-span will be alive, so it'll be just like
you never lived to begin with! Doesn't that make 18 years seem like
such a totally short time? The live oak tree in my back yard will have
grown a little thru it all, though.

I hope I have been able to put your kat's birthday (and the inane
practice of celebrating it) into a little better perspective 4 U,
Brandy. It proves that I'm 'special somehow' over people who waste
their times with utter useless trivialities... Like YOU. Only God
didn't make me like this... I did.

IBen
52 yrs, 2 months., 3 wks., 4 days, 14 hrs, 2 mints. and 59 secs. old,
since you seem to care
Getiner

Old April 5th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

IBen Getiner wrote:
.... Then think about this... In 6. 5 billion
years, the earth will be totally destroyed by the sun when it goes red
giant. And there's no stopping it.

You got that right, and I got a ring side seat. I love it!

There's goin be a FIRE that the fireman can't put out

Old April 5th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"IBen Getiner" Lappcatt aol.com wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
IBen Getiner Lappcatt aol.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

So the earth has traveled around the sun 18 times since a new
biological form slid into the world.... So what? Time is
irrelevant.

Yeah, but silly us, we like to comemmorate ridiculous things.

I couldn't agree more..

Of course not, you're a troll.

Makes us
believe we're special somehow to have memory over all of god's
other creatures.

Now you're being sarcastically facetious. That or you're an
arrogant fool...

You care about time, do you... Then think about this... In 6. 5
billion years, the earth will be totally destroyed by the sun when
it goes red giant. And there's no stopping it. Nothing of this
world will remain. Nothing to attest to our struggles, to our
hopes and to all of our puny little lives (including Kami). It
will all be rendered meaningless within the bat of an eye. All
this ****, and in end the end, it won't matter at all...

More fun facts for those of simple mind to ponder...

Speaking of foolish. You must have a simple mind if you think we
will still be limited to living on Earth 5 billion years from now.

From: "IBen Getiner" Lappcatt aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Happy Birthday Kami!
Date: 4 Apr 2006 20:23:34 -0700

Old April 6th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
IBen Getiner Lappcatt aol.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

So the earth has traveled around the sun 18 times since a new
biological form slid into the world.... So what? Time is
irrelevant.

Yeah, but silly us, we like to comemmorate ridiculous things.

I couldn't agree more..

Of course not, you're a troll.

Chuck you, Farley... I wasn't even talking to you..

IBen