I miss Meep!

Old May 13th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I miss Meep!

We're in the middle from traveling from the UK to Australia. We are in
the US, visiting our parents. Meep has been in the UK in a cattery for
the last month, since bringing her to the US would complicate getting
her to Oz.

This is the weekend she's flying to Australia, I'm worried about her and
upset that I can't be there to reassure her in what must be a terrifying
time. She leaves from the cattery, but only flies to Heathrow, where
she spends around 20 hours, gets put back on a plane for the long, long
flight to Australia, she arrives there on Tuesday (international date
line, she misses Monday altogether).

Poor kitty, the day she skips is her 10th birthday.

She's in quarantine there for a month, then she finally gets out of
prison and reunited with me on MY birthday, in mid June.

I hope she's OK. The lady at the cattery says she's been doing well,
hope the trip doesn't stress her too much. She gets cystitis and is
just starting to show signs of cardiomyopathy, so despite my vet's OK (I
had them do a complete workup on her before this started) I'm worried
about her.

Not to mention, I miss her terribly. She is normally my little shadow,
I really miss her companionship. And we're only halfway through this ordeal.

Hopefully she has a good memory, she has actually been through this
before, so I hope she remembers that we'll be reunited at the end of
this, in a warm and sunny place where she can go outside (under
supervision) year round. She quite enjoyed that last time.

jmc

Old May 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I can understand your worry. One of the vets from my work is flying
out to Australia today to live, she is very lucky. Her animals went a
few days ago. I think they are sednated for journey so hopefully your
cat will be ok. WIll they keep in touch with you when you over there
to make sure she is ok? I am sure they are able to keep her as
comfortable as possible and if she has cystitis there are vets on hand
at all times to treat her. She will know who you are when you meet up,
give her a massive treat=)

Old May 13th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I've never had to go through the quarantine process with any pet -- it
sounds dreadful. As you said above, you will both have a sweet reunion
to which to look forward. Thanks for sharing!

Stan

www.Kitten-Pictures.com
The net's most Adorable Kitten Pictures!

Old May 13th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I just followed link on your message Stan, that is such a cute web=).
JMC your reunion will be the best

Old May 14th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

The second Meep sees you at your end all will be forgotten and she will love
you as always I am sure.
--

Niel H

Old May 14th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Suddenly, without warning, Lorna Kemble exclaimed (5/13/2006 4:47 PM):
I can understand your worry. One of the vets from my work is flying
out to Australia today to live, she is very lucky. Her animals went a
few days ago. I think they are sednated for journey so hopefully your
cat will be ok. WIll they keep in touch with you when you over there
to make sure she is ok? I am sure they are able to keep her as
comfortable as possible and if she has cystitis there are vets on hand
at all times to treat her. She will know who you are when you meet up,
give her a massive treat=)

Yes, if it goes the same way as before, they'll assign someone as
primary caregiver, and that person will keep in contact with me. The
guy I'm in contact with now promised to email me when she arrives in
quarantine. He said he likes "worried mommy" types because then he
knows we love our pets

I know she'll remember me. How long it'll take for her to forgive me is
another matter

jmc
Old May 14th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I miss Meep! (update)

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (5/13/2006 3:36 PM):
[...]

Well, she's made it as far as Heathrow. I don't have any contacts down
there, so I don't know how well she handled the short flight. Probably
OK. She doesn't head out again until early am my time. Now I wait.
She won't get into Australia until Tuesday her time, which'll be
tomorrow afternoon.

I'm a wreck. I hope she's not...

jmc
Old May 14th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Keep strong. I know it is hard. I am sure she is in the best hands.
Try to think of it as a little adventure she is having and soon she
will be resting in Australia until you are able to meet again.

Old May 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I hope Meep has a smooth transition, jmc. Sounds like she's experienced
at this and is a tough girl.

It's great she has so many people looking out for her.

Let us know when you hear she's arrived!

Rhonda