lethargic, trouble jumping, loose stool

Old June 24th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default lethargic, trouble jumping, loose stool

Thanks for your interest. My cat had a high fever and a high
white-cell counts. My vet believes my cat has an abscess somewhere. He
gave my cat a shot of antibiotic and put him on 3mL of amoxicillin per
day.

This was much easier said than done, by the way. You see, I have a Bad
Kitty, and after a vicious sounding battle with the vet and technician
to get a blood sample, they had to sedate him. Just before he went
down, he left behind a nice, solid turd... a kitty "middle finger," I
like to think. I'll admit, even though I'm embrassed by his behavior,
I'm a little proud at the same time! Way to go, kitty! You tell that
vet who's boss!

Almost 24 hours later, his symptoms haven't changed. The vet said to
give him a few days to get better. Cross your fingers.

Joseph

Buddy wrote:
What did the vet say?

Joseph O'Brien wrote:
Hello. I will be taking my cat to the vet today, but I wanted to put
this out there so I can be prepared.

My cat is going on 4 years old. He's generally healthy and active.
Recently his stool hsa been loose and has been more lethargic than
usual. I noticed that he was having trouble jumping a few days ago.
He had to kind of climb up on our bed (rather than jump), and he
wouldn't even try for the bathroom counter.

We have not changed his diet, we don't have any house plants. My other
cat is fine.

Any thoughts? I wish I had taken him to the vet sooner, but my typical
pet philosophy (to prevent me from always running to the vet) is that
if things are going "in" and coming "out," he's probably OK. I give
specific symptoms, a week, unless he's obviously in pain.

Like I said, I'm going to the vet today. However, if I can get a few
ideas of what might be wrong beforehand, I would feel better prepared
to ask appropriate questions.

Thanks,
joseph