Sombody heeeeelp!!! Monkey has a kitty box issue that needs resolving FAST

Old July 6th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CellywithaC

Default Sombody heeeeelp!!! Monkey has a kitty box issue that needs resolving FAST

Hi
My name is Celly. I have a very lovable, friendly, cute cat named Monkey. He
is 3 years old. He was born on valentines 3. He is generally a good cat....
except when it comes to the new home. We just moved into a home with room
mates. So this house was already fully "cluttered" and furnished. Monkey
only had accedents at our old house every once in a while. This new house is
a large house, but he knows his way around. Monkey uses the cat door but
will not use the cat box. He goes into the cat room many times a day...but
does not use the box. He doesnt have accedents in the cat room either!

Monkey uses blanketts, beds, couches, rugs, laundry basketts, and clothes!!!
We yell at him, pat his nose, and put him in the cat box, but he still wont
use it! If we dont do something quick...i think the other room mates will no
longer allow him to stay here. What should i do?

Celly
P.S. It is the SAME cat box from the old house and the same litter we have
been using since he was a kitten.
So i know it isnt any of those factors.
PLEASE SUMBODY HELP ME!!!
Old July 6th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

He needs to see a vet. His symptoms are a sign of a urinary tract infection.
The stress of moving could have brought an infection on.
Gail

Old July 6th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CellywithaC

He was just at the vet one week ago. And he is healthy in every way except he
is 2 pounds "over weight".

Gail wrote:
He needs to see a vet. His symptoms are a sign of a urinary tract infection.
The stress of moving could have brought an infection on.
Gail
Hi
My name is Celly. I have a very lovable, friendly, cute cat named Monkey.

[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]

Old July 6th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Unless your vet collected urine and sent it out for testing, a normal vet
exam cannot detect and diagnose a urinary tract problem. Call the vet and
make arrangements for a urine test. The solution to your problem could be as
easy as changing food if it is a urinary tract problem and not behavioral.

Old July 7th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barb

When you had him to the vet, the vet didn't know about this problem unless
you told him. Take him back, tell the vet, it's probable a pill a day will
solve this problem. He must be checked immediately. If left untreated it
could be life threatening.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old July 7th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CellywithaC via CatKB.com

Thankyou for your help...but i do not make big bucks!!! haha.
So could there be any other reason why he isnt going in the box. He goes a
normal amount of times a day...just not in the box.

Old July 7th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

You should have 1 litter box for each cat. They should be in different
locations in the house. Use scooping litter (non scented) with no hood on
the box. His symptoms do suggest a urinary tract infection, though. If this
is a medical problem, no matter what you do, it won't work until he is
treated.
Gail

Old July 7th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

It's going to cost you a lot more than a vet visit when you have to replace
carpet and furnishings because you can't get the cat pee smell out. You
could possibly end up paying for surgery or euthanizing your cat if he has a
blockage from urinary crystals. A urine test isn't all that expensive. If
you were smart you would hope that's the problem. Some antibiotics and a
change in food and the problem could be resolved.

Old July 10th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CellywithaC via CatKB.com

OK EVERYONE!
I took monkey to the vet and in matter of fact he DID have a urinary tract
infection. =( Im sorry i doubted all you. He had a fever and was very tired
for a couple of days ,but he is now using the cat box and not peeing
EVERYWHERE. He is very well behaved ,but is still lazy!!! He crys until i
carry him down the stairs or carry him any where. He is just a spoiled
attention whore! lol, thats ok i still luv him 3.

Celly

Wendy wrote:
It's going to cost you a lot more than a vet visit when you have to replace
carpet and furnishings because you can't get the cat pee smell out. You
could possibly end up paying for surgery or euthanizing your cat if he has a
blockage from urinary crystals. A urine test isn't all that expensive. If
you were smart you would hope that's the problem. Some antibiotics and a
change in food and the problem could be resolved.

Thankyou for your help...but i do not make big bucks!!! haha.
So could there be any other reason why he isnt going in the box. He goes a

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.