She made it through surgery

Old July 12th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default She made it through surgery

Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

The surgeon just called and she made it through surgery, yeah! He said
he always worries about the area where the colon is stitched together,
so we're not out of the woods yet. He also said her colon was very
unhealthy -- when he touched it the muscles started tearing. That
surprised him. I believe we made the right decision to just get this done.

Thanks for all of the input. Send a little torti cat healing vibes if
you have any to spare. She's been brave through everything.

Rhonda

Old July 12th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth Blake

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

The surgeon just called and she made it through surgery, yeah! He said he
always worries about the area where the colon is stitched together, so
we're not out of the woods yet. He also said her colon was very
unhealthy -- when he touched it the muscles started tearing. That
surprised him. I believe we made the right decision to just get this done.

Thanks for all of the input. Send a little torti cat healing vibes if you
have any to spare. She's been brave through everything.

Rhonda

Rhonda,

I'm sorry that Sweeter had to have surgery but I'm glad that it went well.
My kitties (especially Harriet) & I are all hoping for a quick, full
recovery for Sweeter.

--
Liz

Old July 12th 06, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:31:30 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

The surgeon just called and she made it through surgery, yeah! He said
he always worries about the area where the colon is stitched together,
so we're not out of the woods yet. He also said her colon was very
unhealthy -- when he touched it the muscles started tearing. That
surprised him. I believe we made the right decision to just get this done.

Thanks for all of the input. Send a little torti cat healing vibes if
you have any to spare. She's been brave through everything.

Rhonda

I'm so happy, Rhonda! I hope she will be ok, and I'll bet she will
with you looking after her interests.

Just don't let her watch videos of birds flying into windows.
Laughter could set her recovery back.

Charlie
Old July 12th 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Send a little torti cat healing vibes if
you have any to spare.

Plenty of healing vibes and purrs for her- keep us posted

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 12th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
angel

Rhonda wrote:
Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

That's great, wishing Sweeter a successful recovery

-

When you say muscle tearing, it makes me think they came out of
place...
as in... tore lose from their place... you don't mean the muscle mass
was
tearing at touch? surely their not that fragile.. muscle is tough

Best to you's

Old July 12th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ann

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:31:30 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

The surgeon just called and she made it through surgery, yeah! He said
he always worries about the area where the colon is stitched together,
so we're not out of the woods yet. He also said her colon was very
unhealthy -- when he touched it the muscles started tearing. That
surprised him. I believe we made the right decision to just get this
done.

Given the condition the surgeon found, there is no question that you did.
It's good news that the broken/small pelvis wasn't too restrictive to
prevent a good outcome.

Now comes the part where, while you want her home, you rationally want her
to stay at the vet's as long as she needs to. (And, the thought of taking
care of her is a little scary.) Best wishes!

Old July 12th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Poor kitty--she's been through a lot. I'm glad she made it through surgery.
My tortie "Tortle" sends many licks and purrs for a uneventful recovery.

Bonnie

Old July 12th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Rhonda wrote:

Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

Good for her! I'm not sure how this works though without a colon. What
special care will she need for the rest of her life?

-mhd
Old July 12th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Well, Sweeter had her colon removed today after a consultation with a
surgeon. She was running out of time, poor cat.

The surgeon just called and she made it through surgery, yeah! He said
he always worries about the area where the colon is stitched together,
so we're not out of the woods yet. He also said her colon was very
unhealthy -- when he touched it the muscles started tearing. That
surprised him. I believe we made the right decision to just get this done.

Thanks for all of the input. Send a little torti cat healing vibes if
you have any to spare. She's been brave through everything.

Oh, Rhonda I am so glad she is okay. Did he do some sort of
reconstruction or reorienting so that another part of her intestine
will serve as the colon? I hope you realize that few people would
give a little kitty such wonderful care.