Sweeter

Old July 17th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Sweeter

If you have time, send her a lot of good vibes today.

After a bad weekend and lots of calls to the clinic, I checked her back
in last night. Just got a call that she has peritonitis, an infection of
her abdomen.

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Old July 17th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:47:32 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

If you have time, send her a lot of good vibes today.

After a bad weekend and lots of calls to the clinic, I checked her back
in last night. Just got a call that she has peritonitis, an infection of
her abdomen.

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Yikes. I'm so sorry to hear about this Rhonda. I was worried because
her recovery didn't seem to be going very well, from what you posted.

You and Sweeter have my best wishes.

Charlie

Old July 17th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kraut

If you have time, send her a lot of good vibes today.

After a bad weekend and lots of calls to the clinic, I checked her back
in last night. Just got a call that she has peritonitis, an infection of
her abdomen.

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Prayers and purrs on the way for a quick and full recovery.

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Old July 18th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Rhonda" wrote in message
If you have time, send her a lot of good vibes today.

After a bad weekend and lots of calls to the clinic, I checked her back in
last night. Just got a call that she has peritonitis, an infection of her
abdomen.

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Thanks,

Rhonda

So sorry to hear that she's not doing well. Sending good thoughts your way.

Old July 18th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Rhonda wrote:

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Oh, no, Rhonda, I'm so sorry, that poor little girl has been through so
much (and you, too). I just saw this now bu I am sending my best
wishes, healing energy, and prayers to Sweeter. I hope you check in
tonight.

Candace

Old July 18th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth Blake

"Rhonda" wrote in message
If you have time, send her a lot of good vibes today.

After a bad weekend and lots of calls to the clinic, I checked her back in
last night. Just got a call that she has peritonitis, an infection of her
abdomen.

This sucks. They are looking for the surgeon today and she's going back
into surgery. She is one sick kitty, I don't know if she's going to make
it through this.

Send her lots of energy please!

Thanks,

Rhonda

Rhonda,

I'm so sorry to hear that Sweeter isn't doing well. Big purrs for her, and
hoping she'll pull through.

--
Liz

Old July 18th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Thanks for sending Sweeter extra energy, sounds like she needed it.

They operated for a little over 3 hours last night. They started late
and we finally got a call that they were done at 12:30am.

The area where they had sutured the colon together had failed. She was
leaking into her abdomen. They spent most of the surgery time cleaning
her out with saline solution. I hope this works.

The surgeon was upset that he did not get a call over the weekend that
we were having so many problems. This is his first cat with this surgery
to ever get septic. He seemed pretty upset about it.

Sweeter's chances before surgery were about 20-25%. Now the surgeon
thinks it's 50/50. She's going to be in the hospital for awhile this time.

I visited her before surgery last night and all she could do was try to
escape the room! I'm glad she was feisty enough to do that.

Keep your fingers crossed for her.

Rhonda

Old July 18th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"Rhonda" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry she's having such a difficult time. It's so awful to see them
sick and not doing so well. You're in our thoughts. Head butts and purrs
from Tortle, Bonnie and the rest of the crew. I hope she's better soon.

Bonnie

Old July 18th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Rhonda" wrote in message
[...]

I was afraid that was what happened. I know you said they had some trouble
finding substantial enough tissue for a good anastimosis. Fingers and toes
crossed that it holds up better this time and the antibiotics do their job.