Cat Scrubbing along on floor

Old July 19th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nfgeneraluser

Default Cat Scrubbing along on floor

My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
with something similar?

Old July 19th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sharkman BMW

anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
google it,

or it could be worms

Old July 19th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Sharkman BMW" wrote in message
anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
google it,

or it could be worms

"nfgeneraluser" wrote in message
My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long
fur there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have
experience with something similar?

yup, probably one or the other. Call the vet and be prepared to drop off a
fecal sample.

Old July 19th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bobblespin

"Sharkman BMW" wrote in :

anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
google it,

or it could be worms

If you've already eliminated these two possibilities and it continues,
you're not alone. Mine does it sometimes but he's been checked many times
and his glands are clear and he has no worms. I guess his bum is itchy and
this feels good.

Bobble
--
Save the earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.
Old July 19th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"Sharkman BMW" wrote in :

anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
google it,

or it could be worms

If you've already eliminated these two possibilities and it continues,
you're not alone. Mine does it sometimes but he's been checked many times
and his glands are clear and he has no worms. I guess his bum is itchy

and
this feels good.

I wonder if a daily swipe with a baby wipe or kitty wipe might help?

Old July 19th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"nfgeneraluser" wrote in message
My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
with something similar?

One of my cats also did this for a while. No anal gland impaction, no
dingleberries. It was quite alarming to see happening since we recently had
installed new carpet. Through process of elimination we determined that
playing tunes by Hank Williams Jr. seemed to be the culprit.

Old July 20th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

That's what our cat did when his anal scent glands were impacted. A vet
had to clean them out.

Rhonda

Old July 27th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Wendy" wrote in
:

yup, probably one or the other. Call the vet and be prepared to drop
off a fecal sample.

We all go through it at one time or another, and if it's an indoor cat
it's probably nothing except the anal glands. If the cat coughs up a
hairball, be sure to take it apart and look at it closely for worms or
eggs.

One more thing - get that 25 bucks ready for the fecal sample test!