Hi, my baby girl isnt acting herself..

Old July 27th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Hi, my baby girl isnt acting herself..

hi i have a cat about 8 n 1/2 months old, we do allow her out but only
on our deck on a leash which she loves also she is not just left there
mostly its when we are out or in and out, now she has gotten out the
door on us but we always get her back in , she has been around some
outdoor cats playing with them at night while we try to catch her so i
have been thinkin we could be having some kittens but i dont know for
sure, sry if i am blabbin but i want to give all i can , normally she
will run for the door when it opens but yesterday morn she didnt after
havin the door open awhile i found her resting in my room so i took her
out for a bit b4 we went out .when we left ,after we came home she was
off on her own again i finally found her under my sons bed and she is
acting quiet for her not eating or drinking a whole lot but has been
useing the washroom this mornin seems to be the same, any ideas about
the change ,, it would b greatly appreciated as we love her dearly ...
could it be a prgnant sign?? and please dont think bad of me for not
taking her to the vet b4 i asked on here... the other post kinda made
me not want to ask on here but i love her and i hope u all will see
that plus if a vet is a must i will tak here her

Old July 27th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
katt

wrote:
[...]
that plus if a vet is a must i will take her there

Old July 27th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Yes, a visit to the vet is essential. First, you need to have her current
state of health checked because we cannot diagnose something like this on a
newsgroup. Even a vet could not do that without examining her. Second, you
need to get her spayed ASAP. She will be healthier as a result, and you
will have no further concerns about possible pregnancy.

MaryL

Old July 27th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
katt

thanks for your thoughts on this , i called our vet and told him about
her behavior as she does not appear sick , just as tho she is resting
and i did get a chance to look at her nipples and noticed that they
had bare skin around them now where before it was only the nipple , he
informed me she is in labour and to let her be and just to keep an eye
on where she goes and to bring her water and food to her not to move
her and to keep the kids away from her , i am to call him back at 3 if
she has not had the kittens yet , nothing so far , she did appear to
haev some sort of mucus looking diareah , i dont know what to expet a
whole lot we have left for a bit as to give her some pure quiet and are
going to check on her soon and hopefully she will have given birth to
her kittens i dont really know how long it can take she appears as if
her hind legs (hips) have opened up some wish me luck please as we
would hate to have anything happen to her , and thank you for your
advice it is much appreciated.
krista and family

Old July 28th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"katt" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks for the update, and please keep us informed. I'm glad you called the
vet -- please check back with him after the kits are born to see when they
should be taken in for their kitten shots. And please check with your vet
to determine when you should schedule an appointment for spay. You will
also want to ask questions about nutrition.

Now you will want to look for home for the little ones. They should remain
with their mother for at least 10 weeks, and 12 weeks is better.

MaryL

Old July 28th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"katt" wrote in message
oups.com...

hi , still no kittens, its my first time havin a preg cat, i have had
cats all my life but always managed to get them fixed b4 kittens became
an issue i am very excited and ofcourse will keep 1 female as i could
not take them all from her actually we wanted anther cat but did not
want to upset the balance of the house and have 4 great anxious pet
owners to be asking for kittens and to think owners i know will take
care of them, altho my 7 yr old wants her to just have 2 as she thinks
she can convince us to keep them both ,well she could be right,lol
umm she has had her show any idea how long after they should come? im
new to this labor stuff any more tips would be greatkeep them
both.....well maybe lol,

Hi,

Sorry, but I can't answer specific questions on this subject. I have had
cats for many years, but they have always been adult cats. Like you, I have
no experience with pregnant cats. There are others on the newsgroup with
lots of experience, though. Why not start another thread and use a specific
title to show that you need information about cat pregnance/birth/newborn
kittens?

MaryL

The Silly Cat Survey Enfilade Cat anecdotes 50 July 17th 05 06:45 PM
Update on baby hobbs Cat anecdotes 30 May 14th 05 12:37 PM
Urgent purrs for a baby please Mogget Cat anecdotes 30 April 8th 05 02:16 PM
New Little Girl Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 78 November 2nd 04 11:39 PM