my cat chews on wood

Old August 6th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default my cat chews on wood

Jed Is he chewing or licking the wood?

If he is chewing the wood it can be a behavioral problem IMO which needs to
be stopped due to if the cats swallows splinters can become lodged in the
throat and stomach leading to severe problems

Now If I am correct I remember something about cats licking wood due to
anemia or something on this terms. I am not sure

I am leaving a cross post in rec.pets.cats.health+behav a lot of good
knowledgeable cat people hang out there

"Jason" wrote in message

"Jed" wrote in message
is this normal?

Can't say I have ever heard of such a thing. Have you asked your vet?

Jason

Old August 6th 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barnabas Collins

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:08:04 GMT, "Matthew"
wrote:

I am leaving a cross post in rec.pets.cats.health+behav a lot of good
knowledgeable cat people hang out there

Unfortunetly alot of servers don't carry it.

Old August 6th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barnabas Collins

On 6 Aug 2006 07:45:33 -0700, "Buddy" wrote:

I don't know about the why, but it seems that, lately, cats are chewing
or licking strange things. I had one who went after every kind of
electrical wire. Another chewed metal door stops and pretty much
anything metal - to the point of breaking teeth. The one I have now
goes after ANY thing plastic.

I'm not sure of the others but cats like plastic because they use
fish in the making of the plastic.

Old August 15th 06, 07:45 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barnabas Collins

On 6 Aug 2006 08:28:17 -0700, "Buddy" wrote:

Fish?!!! Whatever for?

I have no clue. But they use fish in the manufacturing, that is
what the cat is smelling and what attracts the cat.

You'd have to ask the manufacturer why they use it.