Bubba's Canned Food Impressions

Old August 13th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default Bubba's Canned Food Impressions

Bubba's impressions of a few types of canned cat food.

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Bubba/Bubba.html

I'll translate for His Majesty as best I can

This is not intended as an endorsement of any type or brand, and is
not at all meant to be a nutritional analysis. I tried to pick the
flavors and brands that I thought would be both of high nutritional
value and acceptable flavor. It also is definately not an exhaustive study.

I added a bit of warm water to each feeding in order to sneak in
an additional amount of liquid as the climate here is quite dry and
dehydration is a problem for both people and their owners.

Bubba's Commentary starts here

I decided that I would care to be fed one 5 ounce can of soft food a
day in addition to a portion of Royal Canin Maine Coon dry kibble in
order to facilitate my digestion and so that I could enjoy a variety
of food flavors. My slave was compelled to comply with this directive.

Here are my impressions.

Your Cat, as is their Privilege, may have different preferences.

Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Chicken and Turkey Platter:
Yum. I tried to get Claude to put out a second can immediately, but
for some stupid reason the treacherous slave refused my most
reasonable request . *****

Natural Choice Complete Care Senior Indoor Chicken and Lamb Formula:
Another winner. I couldn't inhale it fast enough. I have no idea why
my clueless slave grabbed a can of "senior" formula food though, as
I'm only four or so. *****

Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Adult Chicken and Rice Formula:
This was incredibly tasty. I scarfed it down so fast that I
immediately puked it right back up again. I hope the idiot doesn't
reject this flavor because I threw it up. *****

Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Chicken Casserole:
This one was decent too, although it was adulterated with some
weird items. I believe the catslaves call them "vegetables". They
were interesting but not particularly flavorful. ***

Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Chicken & Liver Entree:
Good Stuff. Not quite as tasty as a couple of the other flavors, but
completely satisfactory. ****

IAMS Slices with Chicken in Gravy Slices covered in Real Broth:
IAMS Turkey Slices in Gravy Slices covered in Real Broth:
The liquid portion was quite tasty but the overall eating experience
was marred by a number of inedible square chunks of some unknown
origin that was included in the can for some stupid human reason.
I, as is my Privilege, refused to eat whatever it was. This is the
first time in my recollection that I have actually refused to eat
*any* cat food related substance. *

IAMS Slices with Beef in Gravy Slices covered in Real Broth:
The solid squares in this flavor are closer to edible than in the
other flavors. The gravy is quite good. **

IAMS Beef Entree Slow Cooked in Real Broth:
IAMS Lamb & Rice Entree Slow Cooked in Real Broth:
IAMS Chicken Entree Slow Cooked in Real Broth:
The liquid portion was also quite good but the solid portion was
barely edible. If that idiot slave of mine had put out more kibble I
would not have bothered with eating the solid part. *

Natural Balance Turkey and Giblets Formula:
Natural Balance Indoor Cat Formula:
Natural Balance Ultra Formula:
Not bad at all. Excellent gravy and tasty solids. ****

Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea Formula:
This was incredibly good. I'm not sure exactly what "Green Peas"
are but they certainly taste wonderful. *****

Nature's Recipe Hairball Control Chicken Recipe:
Tasty Gravy, mediocre solids that aren't worth eating. **

Max Cat Gourmet Classics Adult Turkey and Giblets:
Not bad. I enjoyed the flavor and it seemed to be satisfying. ****

Max Cat Gourmet Classics Hairball Formula Chicken and Rice:
Tasty and completely suitable for a Cat of my elevated status ****

Max Cat Gourmet Classics Adult Chicken & Lamb Formula:
Middle of the pack. Edible, barely, but not as good as some of
the other flavors. ***

Trader Joe's Chicken, Turkey, and Rice Dinner:
Pretty good. I kind of liked this one but not quite as good as
a few of the other brands. ****

Old August 13th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Cat Whisperer

My cats agree about the Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea, yum... but
their fav. is by far Innova EVO canned.

Old August 13th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
The Cat Whisperer wrote:
My cats agree about the Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea, yum... but
their fav. is by far Innova EVO canned.

Haven't seen Innova anything in my friendly local pet labyrinths.

I was looking for it, even.

.. .