Sam

Old August 15th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Sam

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
As I think I mentioned in another thread, I have taken in a youngish
black cat I think I will call Sam. He had at least three names from
the neighbourhood he was roaming before. I can't believe he didn't
have a home since he is such an affectionate cat, but he's been
roaming around for at least a couple week, and no one seems to be
looking for him. I figure if no one's reported him to the SPCA and
Humane Division by now, I have another cat.

He's got an appointment at a vet clinic next Saturday for the usual
once-over and some discussion of a few things. First of all, he is
allegedly neutered (according to one of the rescuers) or a non-sprayer
(according to another). I am far more familiar with female cats, but
to my inexperienced eyes he looks a little, ummm, large for a neutered
cat. And there was a definite odour when I came home tonight, although
I couldn't decide whether it was on the inside or outside of the
exterior door. There are cases periodically of roaming local toms
spraying outside a door or window, but I'm not entirely convinced
young Sam is innocent.

He's definitely got worms. That's not unexpected, and last time I had
to treat a cat for worms, at least they liked the taste of the
medicine.

He's also got an almost-healed scratch across his nose and eyelid. One
of the reasons the people wanted to relocate him was that he was
getting in catfights. I must say, he's quite submissive towards the
resident Empress Mandy. He wants Out badly, and he also likes company,
and complains loudly, plaintively and at length when he's hovering
outside the bedroom door because Mandy's hissing at him.

I hope the vet checkup goes well (and cheaply!)

Congratulations on your new owner. Purrs for a good checkup.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.