Two dead strays...

Old September 11th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

Default Two dead strays...

My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that saw
him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting ready
to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the street with
predictable results.

She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a witness.
There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but ya know
what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing property over a
personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around the corner. Always
kids around looking for some spare change.... cat lovers too.

Old September 11th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Polish-Kraut

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:29:12 GMT, "RobZip" no wrote:

[...]

Someone needs to get up enough courage to report him. As long as he
thinks he can get away with it he will keep doing it. Ideally it
would be nice if someone would / could get a pic of him doing it then
report him. If he knows that there are people with enough guts to do
something about it he may stop.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Old September 11th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"The Polish-Kraut" wrote in message

Someone needs to get up enough courage to report him. As long as he
thinks he can get away with it he will keep doing it. Ideally it
would be nice if someone would / could get a pic of him doing it then
report him. If he knows that there are people with enough guts to do
something about it he may stop.

I've refrained from actually having the police out so as not to tip the guy
off that he was seen doing it. The local animal cruelty officer is aware of
it though and probably stands a better chance of observing anything this
clown attempts. He's working on it, and has taken the two bodies away.

Old September 11th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Do you have more that you feed? Any chance that you could get them away
from this guy?

I do hope karma catches up with him quickly, but in the meantime -- he
may be after all of the cats. He might have decided he doesn't like them
in his yard or whatever, and he plans to just eliminate them.

Maybe anonymously mail this jerk the laws about animal abuse? It is a
felony in this state. He needs to at least know people are watching.

I hope that neighbor changes her mind about testifying.

Rhonda

Old September 11th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Do you have more that you feed? Any chance that you could get them away
from this guy?

Except for two that hang around my place and are quite friendly, the rest
are feral, not tolerant of being approached by humans. One of the ones that
died was about 6-7 months old, one of a litter of four. That one and
littermates are regulars at my place. The other is a female that came by a
few times a week.

Old September 11th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"cybercat" wrote in message

Somehow nearly everything you post has some sort of horrifying event
concerning
animals in it. I wonder why that is?

Only in your mind dearie. You've obviously missed a lot.

Old September 11th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

RobZip wrote:
[...]

depending on the laws in your area, there may be nothing the police can
do. It certainly warrants looking into.

I had a neighbor in a country duplex when I was in grad school. He
used to beat his wife, but she refused our help. One day I heard
crying from the crawl space and found a cat who had been trapped under
the house. As I was luring him out, the wife beater next door came out
and said he was going to kill the cat. I am a very small person, but I
told him that if so much as touched a hair on that cat I would kill
him. We had some very heated words, but he backed down (I was
terrified inside). I took the kitty in and, about a week later, found
its owner who had been looking for it for 2 years.

The guy who lured those strays into traffic is probably also just a
bully. If you stand up to him, tell him you know what he did and you
will be watching him, he may back down and stop this horrible behavior.
On the other hand, he could be a full-fledged psycho, so be careful.
Regardless of the laws, file a complaint with the police, before you
confront him, and let him know you have done so. Doing something to
him annonymously won't change anything.

I'm very sorry about your loss.

Old September 11th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Lynne" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had a neighbor in a country duplex when I was in grad school. He
used to beat his wife, but she refused our help. One day I heard
crying from the crawl space and found a cat who had been trapped under
the house. As I was luring him out, the wife beater next door came out
and said he was going to kill the cat. I am a very small person, but I
told him that if so much as touched a hair on that cat I would kill
him. We had some very heated words, but he backed down

Good for you. Most wife beaters and assorted **** like the guy on the other
street generally are less than capable men when confronted with someone who
isn't defenseless against them.

The guy who lured those strays into traffic is probably also just a
bully.
On the other hand, he could be a full-fledged psycho, so be careful.

Either way is fine by me.

Regardless of the laws, file a complaint with the police, before you
confront him, and let him know you have done so.

The animal cruelty officer apparently has been back out and gotten the
police involved. The neighbor woman I spoke of earlier just came by and told
me they both were at his home. Not sure what's going to develop out of it.

Old September 11th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

RobZip wrote:

The animal cruelty officer apparently has been back out and gotten the
police involved. The neighbor woman I spoke of earlier just came by and told
me they both were at his home. Not sure what's going to develop out of it.

Someone should lure that guy into traffic with a cheap beer... I hope
he is charged.