Man gets 8 years in prison for killing a cat

Old September 29th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
stonej

Default Man gets 8 years in prison for killing a cat

Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.

http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dal...t_ death.html

Old September 29th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

stonej wrote:
Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.

http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dal...t_ death.html

I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...

So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
more reason mine never go outside of our house.

Old September 29th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Lynne" wrote in message
ups.com...

stonej wrote:
Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.

http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dal...t_ death.html

I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...

So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
more reason mine never go outside of our house.

I encounter men who hate cats for a variety of poorly established reasons.
The unmasked essence of their feelings come down to a few things. Some view
the cat as a woman's animal - a frivolous puff of fur, an old lady's comfort
item, and regard it with scorn. Others just can't stand the idea of a
creature, particularly a small, defenseless one that will not play
submissive to the usual macho posturing they use on dogs. So, they develop a
hatred they really don't even understand as a compensation for their lack of
macho validation. You may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis
equalization theory here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.

Old September 29th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chili palmer

RobZip wrote:

You may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis
equalization theory here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.

that may be

but, I think it has more to do with oppurtunity

IOW, THERE ARE SO MANY DAMN CATS RUNNING AROUND

a nut-job is more likely to encounter a cat than any other small
innocent animal
therefor

when the sicko encounters this common encounter (a domestic cat) he
ventillates on that common thing... it's a crime of oppurtunity,
perhaps premeditated

I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
I think he should have been put in a lions den

Old September 29th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Katz

Lynne wrote:
stonej wrote:
Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.

http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dal...t_ death.html

I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...

So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
more reason mine never go outside of our house.

I am pleased that he got an eight (8) year sentence for this, usually
the judge has a biased ignorance toward animals and gives people like
this mere slaps on the wrist. Apparently, this wasn't the case this
time. One of the biggest problem with some 'men' is they perpetuate the
notion that anything other than a 'dog' somehow makes you effeminate.
Most 'men' who fit into this belief, are the first ones to abuse small
animals, commit spousal abuse, molest children or worse.

Old September 29th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Deeanna

I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
I think he should have been put in a lions den

I agree!!! A very hungry lions den.

Old September 29th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"RobZip" no wrote in
:

"Lynne" wrote in message
ups.com...

stonej wrote:
Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.

http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dal...s_in_prison_ov
er_cat_death.html

[...]

This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
emotional problems more than anything.

People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not representative of
an entire gender.

Andy

Old September 29th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"chili palmer" wrote in
ups.com:

RobZip wrote:

I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
I think he should have been put in a lions den

I agree. Punishment fits the crime.

Old September 29th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
emotional problems more than anything.

People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not representative of
an entire gender.

Did I say it represents an entire gender? No. To call them sick almost
sounds like excuse making. They are morally deficient individuals who need
to be dealt with just as this one was.

Old September 30th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"RobZip" no wrote in
:

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
emotional problems more than anything.

People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not
representative of an entire gender.

Did I say it represents an entire gender? No. To call them sick almost
sounds like excuse making. They are morally deficient individuals who
need to be dealt with just as this one was.

Yeah, I must have read someone elses sexist post complete with penis
equalizing and woman/cat hating men. When you use no less than three
gender specific references and they all belong to one gender a thinking
person MAY assume bias. I don't know where you "meet" these people but
the gross majority of men I meet don't match one of the traits you
mentioned. Instead of defending your post you may have considered it
just came off wrong.

And while it may be my own form of "sickness" I totally agree with your
last statement. Just because someone is sick does not mean they are
exempt from "human" standards. "Eye for an eye" does it quite nicely for
me! Not to mention, we all know people who do these things move on to
even greater "heights" so we do a public service when we nail these
criminals.

Andy