Why is she biting after being petted ?

Old October 11th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
desgnr

Default Why is she biting after being petted ?

Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.

Old October 11th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"desgnr" wrote in message
Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.

She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude when
to stop.

Old October 11th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, cybercat wrote:

"desgnr" wrote in message
Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.

She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude when
to stop.

That's just what I was going to say. Some cats can be stroked for
hours and never get this way, but lots of them will get too excited by the
petting. When she starts to swish her tail, it's a signal that she is
starting to be unhappy.

Eva

Old October 12th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Edna Pearl

Generally, if one of my cats' tail starts to twitch and/or the pupils start
to dilate, I know s/he's getting overstimulated and may bite and/or scurry
away soon. If I just stop, s/he'll stay.

ep ooooooof

ups.com...

Old October 12th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

this is one of those funny things about cats. And they are all
different. You have to learn to read each one, and it takes time.

I used to have a very large neutered male cat who would attack me
(think: chunks of flesh missing) if I walked by him and didn't pet him
when he wanted me to. Or if I pet him when he didn't want me to. Or
if I pet him too long, not long enough... hehe. He was mean, but not
always, and I loved him.

Old October 12th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Edna Pearl

Yeah, one of my cats sometimes bites me when I STOP petting her.

The rules change every day with these guys.

ep ooooooof

oups.com...