perfume a cat would love

Old November 17th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
furfin

Default perfume a cat would love

I'm reading an interesting book about perfumes and looking for a new
scent for myself. Like the catgirl I am, I tell the perfume salepeople
that I, my cats, and my man all have to like it. I've brought home
samples sprayed on cardboard but the cats back away from them or sniff
them dubiously.
I know essential oils can be toxic to cats... but we are just talking
about a little perfume to spray on me here so don't worry I'm not going
to perfume them or let them lick samples.
I'm just trying to figure out what perfumes cats might like. I have a
few clues:

1) Cats don't like citrus (includes bergamont, lemon, orange,
mandarin). I once drove a stray cat that was pooping and not covering
in my garden away by putting out crushed grapefruit.
2) Cats like catnip, but its not in perfume
3) Cats like feliway, but its not in perfume
4) Cats like to eat rose petals (never tried with mine but read about)
5) Some Cats like to bury their nose in my armpits, some may get
overstimulated & nip
I'd love to hear about your experiences with cats and scents!

Old November 17th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Besides the catnip the favourites here are bleach and DH's sweaty work
clothes....Jasmine in particular loves how he smells apparently!!
Strange....maybe it's pheremones? Most perfumes have pheremone type
substances in them these days.....from memory Davidoff cool water woman is
pheremonish? I've never actually tested like you are, but i'd presume cats
would dislike most hoomin perfumes; it might be too strong for their
sensitive little noses! Maybe try an aromatherapy (pure) oil....you can get
rose, jasmine, neroli, and lots more lovely oils....they smell divine and
are cheaper (depending on the oil) than perfume so you can mix and match to
your mood....
ups.com...

Old November 17th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"furfin" wrote
I'd love to hear about your experiences with cats and scents!

Alfred Sung's "Pure" is a no-no--way too citrusy.
On the other hand, Ambergris essential oil seems to be a
scent my cats like.

Old November 18th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:05:22 GMT, "furfin"
wrote:

I'd love to hear about your experiences with cats and scents!

I buy Amber resin and rub a little behind my ears (perfume gives me
terrible headaches). My little kitten seems to love it, but it might just
be me.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb
Old December 8th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Totally agree on the Sung Pure, and Sung Paradise, he loves Curve for
Men but he love my husband when he comes home stinky and sweaty from
work also. Who knew. But when I have Neroli on I get a special Kitty
dance as I call it and since I put Neroli and patcholi oils with jojoba
oil in a spray bottle with water to spray my wild and crazy curly hair
I always get a kitty head massage with a bit of special Kitty dance
when I can't get out of bed for days cuz of my Arthritis and I tell you
no one else in the house massages my head or comes to check on me and
do a Kitty dance on the end of the bed like he is trying to get me up
then he settles down next to me and keeps me warm. Well he did My true
and only friendly went missing Dec 1st in broad daylight in my own
front yard and I live on 31/2 acres on a dead end road in the country
in Texas and all attempts to find him so far have failed so love your
friend and scratch in the special spots on top on the head and behind
the ears every chance you get they are special friends. Have a great
time at the perfume counter it is xmas you have to work it like a blue
lite special at K-Mart. Or if you have the time get on the net and
look up essecential oils and read some of the describtions and get the
aroma kind for candles, or potpuri, just for testing. Plus some of
that info very interesting. P.S. have you smelled Alfred Sung's new
one Jewel as yet? And it has a Neroli Base. I did not like Paradise
or Pure, I am a standard Sung, or Sung Forever, or Shi. Can't think
of anything else I have worn since 1992 except now the Essentials Oils
I mix myself with some flower essence Linden Blossom, Mimosa,
Frangipani(Plumeria) in some Grapeseed oil it's called Heavenly, and
oh my it is. Once again I have spoke to much I keep rambleing
just missing my Kitty. I guess. Be Blesssed and
"furfin" wrote

Old December 9th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
2fingah

furfin wrote:
I'm reading an interesting book

have you tried any fish oils?